Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Quinoa and Rain

We've had some nasty weather in my part of the world. Not far away from my home, a tornado touched down and caused some terrible damage. I got lucky with just a bit of flooding in my basement.

So, the weather has been kind of yucky and because of that I'm taking care of things indoors. Gardening is unfortunately on hold for a bit. I recently became enamored with Quinoa and have tried a few recipes using it. Anybody out there have a favourite? Allrecipes.com has some good ones that I'll be trying.

Have a great Wednesday :)

Just ate for lunch: Lemony Quinoa-1 cup quinoa cooked in 2 cups of water (let boil then simmer until water is gone); add one stalk chopped celery, 1/4 chopped red onion, chopped bunch parsley, juice of one lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Reminds me of tabouleh but without the mint. Delish!

3 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

So happy you're safe!

Thanks for the quinoa recipe. I don't like lemon (except for lemon icebox pie *g*), so I'm wondering how it would taste with orange. I may have to try it!

GP @ ABloominBlog said...

Sorry to hear you go hit by the tornedo. My brother's basement was flooded last year and it was a expensive and to repair. Hope all is well with yours.

Beth in NC said...

Glad to hear you're safe. I DO NOT like tornado's at all!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Beth