Have fun this week--remember, not too much candy! (this song was brought to you compliments of my childhood :)
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Posted by Manuela at Saturday, October 25, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
1. I'm a notorious procrastinator! I let things go to the very end and scramble around like a chicken with it's head cut off (you can thank my mother for that image !) trying to get things done on time. Although, I have to say that since I've been back in school this year I've been much better about it.
2. I'm frugal (my sister calls me a cheapskate). I've always been careful not to spend my money on frivolous things but am a sucker for expensive perfumes. The only products I use that don't cost an arm and a leg are Bath and BodyWorks Cherry Blossom.
3. Lately I've been reading a lot of nonfiction. I can't even remember the title of the book I finished this summer because it's too long! That will change as I work on creating a library of picture books and young adult fiction. Any suggestions?
4. One of my funniest memories is a trip to Europe with my family. We always rented cars so, on one trip we arrive at the Frankfurt airport in Germany and get onto the elevator to pick up our car. Even though it explicitly states that only so many people with their luggage can get on, my mother shoves us all in insisting that it will be fine. Needless to say, the elevator got stuck and we had to wait until someone came to open it up. He pointed at the sign. My mother simply shrugged and pushed us all out!
5. I'm a nerd in case you haven't figured it out. My favourite shows are Britcoms, Jeopardy and documentaries. I LOVE the NYTimes crossword puzzle and have an oline subscription.
6. I love to sing along with anything I hear on the radio, driving my brother insane any time that he's with me because I invariably mess up some of the lyrics!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and hopefully you found this a little bit interesting and perhaps insightful into the fascinating person that is me :)
Posted by Manuela at Saturday, October 18, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Well, I just can't believe it's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. This is the longest I've gone without blogging and I knew that I had to make time today for a short update. I really do miss my posts and visiting all of you! Thanks for the kind comments and support so many of you have proffered during these few weeks--it was much appreciated.
The strike finally ended and classes resumed last Monday. The worst thing that happened was the cancellation of my 3 week practicum that was to begin this Tuesday. It has been added to the December practicum and we'll now have 6 weeks beginning November 20. I was looking forward to Halloween with the kiddies! Ah well, next year if I'm fortunate I'll have my very own class to have some fall fun with.
The week was crazy getting caught up. Most of you know just how much is packed into a semester--even moreso in my education program. So, while 2.5 weeks may not seem much to some it made quite an impact on all of us. The important thing is that we're back so, onwards and upwards.
I've been trying to get back to running. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous so I'm glad to be outdoors as much as possible. I'm just not keeping track as I was before. I hope to be able to start posting on my little calendar again. My summer garden is pretty cleaned up. I dug out tomatoes and peppers yesterday and hope to plant some tulip bulbs when the weather cools a bit--it hit around 80 today! I want to take some pictures and will hopefully be able to post some pictures.
There's a lot more I can say but I'll end now with wishes that you are all well and with the best intentions of visiting as many of you as I can throughout the week. I'll also express my thankfulness for good friends, opportunities, the love of family and too many other blessings.
'Til the next post!
Posted by Manuela at Sunday, October 12, 2008