Friday, June 11, 2010

My Mom

I know that I don't have too many readers out there but those of you who come and leave comments are so appreciated! My mother was admitted into the hospital yesterday after suffering a mild heart attack. She'll be there for some time while they run tests and decided what needs to be done. It's pretty common now for any number of heart procedures but because of her kidneys there are more risks.

The best reason of all for staying fit and eating healthy--not developing a chronic illness such as diabetes that brings with it a multitude of additional risks!

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers--they are appreciated so much :)

16 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Oh Manuela ... I'm sorry to hear this!

bbubblyb said...

Saying prayers for you and your mom, hope you're doing ok too.

MB said...

I'll be keeping you and your Mom in my prayers.

Weijourn said...

I hope everything goes well.

Katie J ♥ said...

Positive thoughts and prayers to you Manuela.

Anonymous said...

Sending positive and healing thoughts to your mother.

My dad had a heart attack last year and then a quadruple bypass...he is absolutely perfect now.

Take care of yourself during this difficult time.

Higs!

Natalia said...

Manuela, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope that she is doing OK! You're both in my prayers!

Shrink to Fit said...

I'm sending prayers for your mom and you. I hope she is up and about soon!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Thinking of you and your mom.

Patrick said...

Prayers are on the way

WWSuzi said...

"hugs" your mom and your family are in my prayers for sure!

NewMe said...

Hoping your mom gets better soon. Hugs to you and your family.

Dani @ PFL said...

Wishing your mom a speedy recovery! Remember to take care of yourself during this stressful time.

SL said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's heart attack, Manuela. I'm keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she'll be back at 'em in no time!

tas said...

keeping you and your mom in my prayers. (i haven't stopped by in forever...must've been a God thing...)

Anonymous said...

My husband has diabetes and at forty-five had a stint put in his heart. Lately, his blood sugars have been too high and so they are uping his medicines. I can so identify what you are going through because I can see my future with my husband in your experiences with your mother. Every day we try to do better at keeping his blood sugars in check.
My thoughts are with you. All the best to you and your Mom.
Jennifer