Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Victoria Day!

It's a holiday here in Canada. It commemorates the birthday of Queen Victoria of England (hence the name) but has for years meant the offical start of the garden season! I've been visiting a few of my favourite places for plants but haven't seen as much variety--especially for annuals--that I did last year. I hope it's just early and that these next few days will bring more to the garden centres!

I did manage to snag a new David Austin rose called Pat Austin (named for his wife). If you love roses you'll know who David Austin is. I just wish I had more room! I will do a post in the future about him and some of the roses for my wish list :)

Enjoy the day!

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your garden again...

Hope you had a great Victoria day!

JC said...

Happy Holiday. I'm loking forward to your post about roses complete with pictures.

SL said...

Hope you had a good holiday. Thank you for the bit of Canadian history. And can't wait to see the roses. :)

Natalia said...

Hope you had a good holiday! Can't wait to see the pictures I'm sure you'll post of your garden! :)