Monday, May 25, 2009

Great Start!

The weather has been beautiful around here. A lot of my early summer garden has burst into colour this past week. Irises, peonies, lilac and clematis are blooming beautifully! I'm just disappointed in my wisteria. Only one bloom this year as last fall a bit of a chopping frenzy took place to get it into some sort of shape :)

I've got some of my baskets done and today is all about getting those annuals into the ground. I also bought another David Austin rose. It's one that I had at my first place called Abraham Darby. It's an apricot colour with an intense aroma. I think I'll plant it near my kitchen window. I also managed to get in all my tomatoes and peppers so this week will be pretty lazy.

I've also managed to get in a lot of bike rides--not any runs. I hope to try for one today depending on the knees. How are you all doing with challenges and goals? Hope it's going great and that I hear from some of you :)

7 comments:

Hanlie said...

You always have the prettiest pictures! It sounds as if your garden will be amazing again this year...

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oh fine! Rub it in about your nice weather! :)

I love David Austin roses, and I'm determined to create a sunny-enough area here to have some more. I had Evelyn and Graham Thomas at my last house, and I miss them.

Hope you have a great week!

SL said...

Your garden sounds FABULOUS! :)

JC said...

I'm so jealous of nice weather. It is sunny here right this very minute but we have had a lot of rain. I am glad to see it but hope it lightens up before our fieldtrips in June. Post some pictures of your flowers.

Natalia said...

Send some pics of your garden. Love roses! :)

Rhonda said...

Hi, coming over from Chubby Chicks challenge! Congrats on your 3 lb. loss this week! That's awesome!

This is my first time to your blog...so nice to meet you.

Keep it up...your doing great! Good luck on getting a job. My roses are doing great because of all the rain we had! So pretty!

Lora said...

Have you had any luck landing a job?