Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm Finished and I Survived!

I finished my second school placement. It was rough going there and for a short time I thought "There is no way I can do this!" But you know what? I stuck to my guns, did my best and in the end the kids enjoyed me as much as I enjoyed them!

I still have so MUCH to learn and realize that teaching is a constant state of learning and fine tuning. I need to be nicer to myself and accept that I will not get it right away. I just needed to chill out and accept that it will take a while to get the hang of this artform called teaching!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I'll be enjoying it getting ready to return to the Faculty and a butt-load of assignments :)

8 comments:

Hanlie said...

I love that picture!

Fortunately this was your second placement, so you could think back to the first one and be reminded that it's not all bad! Glad it worked out in the end.

stella said...

yayyyy!!!!! congrats congrats!!!!

Natalia said...

Manuela! Congratulations! :)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

For me, the constant state of learning would be a good thing. I think you'll see it, too! Congrats on getting through the second round!

Anonymous said...

That is really cool!

tas said...

Yipee for you! i am so proud of all you have done to make your dreams come true. Way to see it thru when it gets tough. what an example you are to all of us and your students too. kids really need that example of someone willing to work hard to follow their dreams! You did that for them... no small feat!

Anonymous said...

Teaching = students. That's what one of my teacher friends said to me one day not too long ago. You are doing well I am sure.

JC said...

YEA U!!! How many placements do you have to go?