Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Family Day!

I finally feel as though I'm caught up in my school life and personal life! Today is a holiday that our government put in mainly to kiss up to voters (my cynical take on it) and it is the first time I actually get to celebrate it as it means a day off from school. I'll be working ahead on some lesson plans and laundry--don't you wish you were me ;)

So, without planning to, I lost 6 pounds! My last post was originally intended to be tongue in cheek but surprise! there was more to Mousercise than meets the eye! Actually, my associate teacher uses it to warm up her second and third grade P.E. classes. It's a series of stretching and cardio exercises that really work up a sweat--not just for the kids but for this teacher (me!) who does each warmup sometimes 4 times a day! My point is that what I had been missing was my exercise. It's not only about what we put into our mouths but what we do for ourselves on the outside. I've been letting the cold weather and busy schedule take me away from it. NO MORE EXCUSES!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend and that we're all ready to face a new week!

*Just a note to a friend who may or may not be reading--thanks for meeting up on Thursday. I'm glad I didn't make an excuse and back out. I really needed a few hours that weren't school related!

12 comments:

Tamzin said...

teehee! You may start a new fad!
:)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congrats on the big loss! My trainers always said nutrition was the key, but I still lean toward the exercise component!

Enjoy your family day off!

Natalia said...

6 pounds that's awesome! :) Enjoy your day off!

SL said...

Yay for the great loss. And, for turning us all onto Mousercize. :) Enjoy your holiday!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Way to go on the 6 pounds!!! :)

Hanlie said...

Well done! I'm going to get some big ears and start Mousercising!

tas said...

Hope you had a great day off. i think you should give yourself credit on your exercise calendar for all the "Sweatin' with Mickey" that you've been doing! Keep up the good work!

Donnalouise said...

Mousercise! Sounds like a plan! WOOHOO on the 6lbs loss...YEAH!

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

congrats for losing 6 pound.. gee, i envy you.. i'm so fat.. thanks for sharing..

SL said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog directing me to your pictures. Amazing difference, Manuela! You should be SO pleased. I'm proud of you girly. (And I love Heidelberg and Heidelberg Castle!)

RunningNan said...

Hmm.. for some reason, your updates aren't showing on my reader. I'm off for the rest of the week so I'll be checking that out. Congrats on the 6 pounds!

JC said...

Sorry, I've gotten so behind in reading blogs. Congrats on the loss. You got to have loads of energy to keep up with kiddos. I'm so proud of you.