Thursday, December 11, 2008

Spare Time? What's That?

I'm finishing up my first practicum with my Grade 4's. I've grown so fond of them--they are a great group of kids and it has been so fun to learn with them. I've still got a long way to go (classroom management is EVERYTHING!!!!) but, the assessments I've received from both my associate and advisor were very good so I'm extremely pleased with how things are going.

I have to say that I've not given any thought to Christmas. It has come upon me so quickly. I'm very thankful that my mother's cousin has invited everyone over to their house once again so all we need to do is bring the food. I'm busy grading books, writing a unit test (I've been teaching "Habitat"), preparing for a field trip tomorrow (going to see "The Christmas Attic") and just living life one day at a time.

Next week is the last week of school for this student teacher and her class. After that, 2 weeks of doing assignments for University and then another placement in February. I'm really hoping that those 2 weeks will catch me up with my life. I must say that I haven't been paying much attention to my birthday challenge but feel positive that the 17th of January will be a great day for me!!

I hope to catch up with you all in the coming days--thanks for the comments and as always the positive vibes. Take care :)

13 comments:

Hanlie said...

It's always nice to hear from you! I hope things calm down for you soon!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Wait ... Christmas is coming? You are kidding right ... isn't that about three months away? :)

Carole Burant said...

I can well imagine how busy you've been with school...I remember years ago when one of my cousins was a student teacher for a grade 2 class, she used to say she didn't have time to even breathe! lol

I've pretty much got everything ready for Christmas so now I can just enjoy the days:-) xoxo

JC said...

I'm so happy that your teaching is going well. Most people I know loved the idea of being a teacher until practice teaching came along. Don't fret about your birthday challenge, everything will work out.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

It's such an exciting and wonderful time for you! I'm not surprised you're doing so well with your teaching; you seem passionate about it. That's always a good thing. :)

kikimonster said...

You must be so swamped, but at the same time, be sure to take time for YOU.

Natalia said...

Sounds like you are busy but enjoying it. Glad to hear that student teaching is going so well!

SL said...

I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying the student teaching. And how fun and satisfying that you're learing right along WITH the students.

Anonymous said...

If my life goes as planned I will be doing student teaching in the Fall. I hope to enjoy as much as you appear to have.

Big Girl said...

So nice to hear from you. Sounds like life is busy but enjoyable. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Hey Manuela,
How are you doing? Did you survive the last days of school?

Hope you're doing well. Have a great holiday season.

Donnalouise said...

It'a a busy time of year. It seems that not just the holidays keep you busy but other stuff that just piles up on top of it! I'm not doing well with my Xmas challenge...back on track though and getting there, slowly but surely!

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to say hi. I haven't forgotten about you. I am with ya on the Christmas. I can't believe it is almost here!