Friday, December 19, 2008

"Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful"

Boy, I sure do hate when the weatherperson gets it right! There's a blizzard going on RIGHT NOW! Today is the last day of school and we were hoping to have some fun. I took a few pictures of my kiddies making gingerbread houses yesterday but I was hoping for a fun group picture today. The problem is that the majority of them get bused in and it's looking like a great day for a cancellation.

Oh well, such is life!

Are you ready for Christmas? I must say that it's passed me by this year because of my teaching and then add my own assignments to the mix and poof--time has totally fast forwarded! I'm looking forward to cleaning my house (it's a mess!) and finally focusing on getting back into working out. I've still got time for my birthday challenge and I'm glad to say I've maintained my summer loss.

Look for me this week 'cause I'm making time for blogging no matter what! Talk to you all soon--I'm off to shovel because there wasn't a single snowblower anywhere!!!!

8 comments:

Hanlie said...

I think I'm ready for Christmas! The only thing I still need to get is the wine... can't forget that!

Hope the weather gets better...

Donnalouise said...

Man, the weather in the North has been bad - I'm not looking forward to the 18 hour drive to New Brunswick! Thankfully I can take my time and the Jeep should handle quite well in the snow.

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you! You must be in the storm that's headed our way as we speak. Boy do I miss snow days! I wish work was cancelled... I'm not ready for Christmas either so it would be nice to have the time to do some shopping (or studying, you know, which ever)!

JC said...

Post some blizzard pictures. I have no desire for Christmas snow and ice. Am I ready for Christmas? I guess as ready as I'm going to be. HA!! I'll be looking for your visit.

SL said...

I'm NOT ready for Christmas and don't even have a good reason except for my procrastination tendencies. I bet the kids in your class are glad about the snow day, but sorry to miss the last-day-before-vacation festivities.

Anonymous said...

merry xmas, yes I managed to get ready no last minute stuff this year thankfully

Brightcetera said...

I'm still not ready but I don't care :)
I can't believe how crazy cold it is coupled with the snow. Thank God I made peace with my treadmill.
You have kiddies, now! Fantastic! I hope you're enjoying teaching as much as you hoped!

Anonymous said...

Ready or Not (not ready!) Let the Holiday fall where it may! Throw a snowball for me! Wishing you & yours a Wonderful Holiday!