Monday, November 17, 2008

Here I Go!

Alright, I finally got my butt in gear and did 37 minutes on the treadmill. It's gotten too cold to run outside and as boring as it is I know that it's the best way to work out and sweat. 2 1/2 miles--not bad considering the long break I've had since my last run!

Tomorrow I want to do my Pilates with weights workout. I always feel better after I've done those and usually notice a difference pretty quickly. So, I'm off to a decent start on my birthday challenge. I should be able to schedule more workouts because I'm finished classes and begin my first practicum this Thursday.

I'll be teaching Grade 4 at an elementary school not far from my house and I'm very excited! I think it will be a good grade to start out with and hope that I won't be too nervous. I've got lots of ideas and am excited to learn from my associate teacher. She has been teaching for approximately 30 years and I'm sure has so much to share!

Wish me luck and I'll let you all know how it goes. BTW, the picture today is one from my fall garden. The daisies have been gone awhile and the sedum isn't that colour anymore! I'll have to take some pics of the grasses because they always look good with the onset of winter.

Have a great Tuesday :)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the run today. And good luck with the 4th graders. I'm sure you'll enjoy and learn from each other! How fun to be starting this phase ...

Anonymous said...

How exciting about the teaching! You have really made changes this year - you must be very pleased?

Keep up the great work.

Hanlie said...

Congratulations on the teaching job! You must be very excited!

And well done on making a good start in your birthday challenge. I'm also going strong!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You're on a roll! Way to go!

good luck with your teaching. I'll bet you'll have loads of fun and feel so rewarded, too!

Donnalouise said...

Good luck!!! I know you'll do great!

kikimonster said...

Good job with getting some activity in! And... haven't you guys gotten any snow up there? I'm looking out my window right now at some :)

RunningNan said...

YAY on the run. I wish you luck on your teaching adventure!

Chrissie said...

Good job on the work out. Love the picture...it fits nicely with your background.

Anonymous said...

Good for you on your run! :) I hope that you have a great time teaching! :)

Diana Swallow said...

Congrats on the teaching job and the run! Love the photo too!

Carole Burant said...

Wishing you the best of luck on your birthday challenge...you go girl:-) It's always so hard to get back into an exercise routine but it looks like you're jumping right back in!!

How wonderful that you'll soon be teaching, I've no doubt you will make a fabulous teacher!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

How wonderful on the teaching! Wishing you all the best!

pointing the weigh said...

Yep! GOOD LUCK with the 4th graders!!!! All will be good though!!

RE-Comment
TeeHee I think we are the only country that call Courgette, Courgette and Aubergine, Aubergine...we just had to be different didn't we?...LOL

No! I haven't tried Sweet Potato Crisps. I bought some Sweet Potato just for making the Sweet Potato Crisps and I am going to give it a go.

Loads of hugs to you xx

pointing the weigh said...

Oh! AND we call them Crisps not chips....teehee Chips to us are like French Fries to everyone else and the Crisps are like the Courgette Crisps I made... Oh my is there a stronger word to use than different, us Brits just have to be DIFFERENT!!...LOL

Oh! I got it....AWKWARD??...LOL

Hugs x

Brightcetera said...

What an exciting new start in your life, Manuela!
Yes, I've been back to work since Sept. I LOVE MY JOB!!! My work stress is gone...completely. So yes, I'm taking my pics & working out even though I'm back to work :)

Diana Swallow said...

roasted cauli curry soup? I've been trying to add more curry recipes since I read that curcumin can fight the growth of cancer cells. I'd love the recipe!

JC said...

The picture is lovely and so is your whole site. Beautiful colors. Good luck with your Birthday challenge to yourself.
Also, I think you will be a wonderful teacher. Those little ones will be blessed to have you.

Lora said...

You'll love student teaching and will learn so much from it! Nothing they can teach you in a book - you have to learn first hand. I remember being so scared the first day - but you soon get over it. You'll do great!!