Friday, November 14, 2008

November the What?

Okay, can anyone tell me how it got to be the middle of November? Yes, the malls are decorated for Christmas, some people have not only got their lights up but ON! and Christmas songs are being played.

Where did this year go? It started out slow and started building in spring building to a wonderful summer of me running, biking-- exercising every day. Now I can barely find time to have dinner with my family never mind exercise! But, I've been stuck with just 2 pounds extra and I need to get back into the workout cycle.

I realized that this Monday is the 17th--exactly 2 months from my birthday in January. So, I decided to make a little birthday challenge for myself. My birthday challenge is to finally lose the 15 pounds and get back to a maximum of 5 days of formal sweat time to a minimum of 3 days. January is also when schoolboards across our province interview potential teachers. I want that little extra chub to be GONE by then!

So, here is my snowman looking round and happy now but by January he needs 15 pounds less around the middle :)

Anyone who's fallen off the horse (a few of you have left comments ;) and wants to celebrate my 41st birthday with a loss of their own is free to join me. If not, your support and feedback in the shape of comments is always appreciated.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to put a # of pounds down as a goal, but I'm definitely on board with the exercising 5 times a week. I'm sure you'll have the last 15 off by your birthday, which will give you TWO things to celebrate.

Hanlie said...

I know! I saw Christmas stuff all over the shops today. Fortunately I haven't heard any Christmas music yet...

Fifteen pounds by January 17? Exercising 5 times per week? You're on! We can absolutely do that!

Chrissie said...

What an awesome idea. I wish you much luck to reach your goal.

Brightcetera said...

Seriously, the year has flown by!
I'm so excited for you becoming a teacher!!! Is it going well? Is it what you expected?

Natalia said...

Once my back is better I'm there with you working out 5x's a week~! Hey I turn 42 on December 12th.:)

Diana Swallow said...

My goal is to exit 2008 lighter than I started so I'm ignoring the holiday food and getting in the exercise and eating clean!

Typically people wait til after Thanksgiving to put up their decorations here but on our daily walk there are several houses that already have lights up...and the shops and malls, I saw stuff back in AUGUST...thats just crazy!!

Rock on to your Bday Challenge and I'm cheering you on to your birthday and beyond!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You can soooo do this!

I'm a six-a-weeker myself, and I'm hoping to keep that up through most of the holiday season. We can do this!

Brightcetera said...

I accidently deleted my blog!!!
I am heartsick! I started the new one/same name & will have to start over from now.
Could you please change your links to me?

Brightcetera said...

I bought a small Toro. It has an electric start but I manually start it. It's NOT the snow shovel but maybe the next size up?
I bought it at Costco. Worth the money...it's small but powerful. Pattie & Gord have one out at the lake. Gord uses it to clean the road in front of their house, it's that good.

Lora said...

You are so right about the Christmas stuff so early! Our stores had trees up for sale just after labor day! Used to be the Christmas season didn't officially start until Thanksgiving when Santa arrived in the Macy's parade. Blame it on the retailers and the almighty dollar...

kikimonster said...

That is an awesome goal!! Right now, I'm at 28.8 pounds for the year... I'd love to hit 35 by January 1. That's 6.2 pounds in 7 weeks. WE CAN DO THIS :)

pointing the weigh said...

Oh! It is your Birthday in January, me too, mine is the 8th, when is yours??

My goodness I certainly agree with you, where DID this year go?? I feel the older we get the quicker it goes.....NOT FAIR!!

RE-Comment:
Thankyou for your lovely comment (((hugs)))
I certainly will get some Christmas pics

Hugs to you xx

Anonymous said...

ahhh the 40s.

way better than the 20s or 30s ---right?

yes?

Im joining you in a few months so just say yes.

Anonymous said...

Hey Manuela! I have a new blog location and I'm doing a giveaway! It's a bracelet my sister designed. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment! :)

Anonymous said...

Manuela no problem sending it to your sister! :)

Donnalouise said...

Hey...I'm in for the exercising 5 times a week... I'll start that tomorrow!