Thursday, November 20, 2008

Soup for Thursday

Hi everyone! I hope that you're all having a great day today. It's a cold November day here, just the kind of day where a nice bowl of homemade soup hits the spot.

I was at Diana's blog yesterday (or was it the day before?) and saw a recipe for Loaded Baked Fauxtato Soup that sounded really tasty. It made me think of one of my favourite soup recipes from Martha Stewart. It's Curried Roast Cauliflower Soup and is delicious! Roasting it first along with the curry gives it a nice sweet/spicy taste. I actually take about half of the cauliflower out then blend the rest with a handblender. It comes out creamy and adding the pieces back makes it chunky.

I totally recommend a nice bowl of comfort with no guilt--enjoy!

9 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

Thank you so much for posting this, it looks absolutely delicious!

Hanlie said...

That sounds like something we'd like! Thanks for the link and enjoy your soup!

Natalia said...

Love soup! That looks and sounds great!

Pattie said...

Hey my friend -

Sorry I've been MIA lately. It was good to read your blog and catch up on all that's going on in your busy life.

I can't wait to hear more about your experiences with the 4th grade class. You'll be SO good with them! Your dream is coming true!

Good for you, for doing the treadmill and getting back into the exercise groove. That will help give you more energy to do all you want to do with your life. I'm proud of you (and unfortunately, am not quite there with you, yet. So run a mile for me, will ya??)

Holly said...

Yum! Just copied both of those recipes. I love soup!

JC said...

Sounds delicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It is truly soup weather in NYC! I'll have to give those recipes a go. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Curried Cauliflower.....I'll be back to write down the recipe - sounds yummy.

Have a great turkey day!
cheers,

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to try that! I'm not a big soup person but sometimes a good bowl of creamy soup hits the spot.