Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's Random but, is it Interesting?


What a beautiful Saturday we've had here in Windsor--tomorrow promises to bring more of the same. I washed the windows, did some gardening, went for a run and now am delaying some studying for a quiz and exam this week! I've been tagged by Sherre to share some random and possibly interesting things about myself so,

1. I'm a notorious procrastinator! I let things go to the very end and scramble around like a chicken with it's head cut off (you can thank my mother for that image !) trying to get things done on time. Although, I have to say that since I've been back in school this year I've been much better about it.

2. I'm frugal (my sister calls me a cheapskate). I've always been careful not to spend my money on frivolous things but am a sucker for expensive perfumes. The only products I use that don't cost an arm and a leg are Bath and BodyWorks Cherry Blossom.

3. Lately I've been reading a lot of nonfiction. I can't even remember the title of the book I finished this summer because it's too long! That will change as I work on creating a library of picture books and young adult fiction. Any suggestions?

4. One of my funniest memories is a trip to Europe with my family. We always rented cars so, on one trip we arrive at the Frankfurt airport in Germany and get onto the elevator to pick up our car. Even though it explicitly states that only so many people with their luggage can get on, my mother shoves us all in insisting that it will be fine. Needless to say, the elevator got stuck and we had to wait until someone came to open it up. He pointed at the sign. My mother simply shrugged and pushed us all out!

5. I'm a nerd in case you haven't figured it out. My favourite shows are Britcoms, Jeopardy and documentaries. I LOVE the NYTimes crossword puzzle and have an oline subscription.

6. I love to sing along with anything I hear on the radio, driving my brother insane any time that he's with me because I invariably mess up some of the lyrics!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and hopefully you found this a little bit interesting and perhaps insightful into the fascinating person that is me :)

13 comments:

Natalia said...

So was anyone freaking out in the elevator? :) I like to sing too, my poor son is stuck listening to me butcher the lyrics! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

JC said...

I love learning about people through memes. I have several I want to do when I finish the 100 days challenge. I'm so glad you got the book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Pattie said...

Now this was fun! I like learning new things about you... a procrastinator, eh? Me too!

Glad you’re having lovely fall weather. How’s your garden these days?


P.S. - I don’t think you're a nerd at all! :-)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm a procrastinator, too! I'm working on it, though.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Donnalouise said...

Thanks for sharing! I wish I was better at crossword puzzles...

angie said...

I'm the Queen of Procrastination and my 15 yr old son is the Prince. It makes me crazy when he does it though. lol

I'm a sing-a-longer, too! Don't care if I know the words or not. hehe

Anonymous said...

Love to sing too, only wish I COULD sing! (So do the cats, it's one sure way to clear them out of the room!) Have a great week!

Susie said...

Hi! So fun to learn more about you.Good for you for being a "cheapskate"..I'm trying to get more frugal each day..wish I would have started earlier tho! I like Cherry Blossom too...have you sampled Japanese Cherry Blossom? Nice. I love good perfumes and scents too...currently big fan of Jo Malone French Line Blossom..ever smell it? You are fascinating!
ps- When building that library..GARAGE SALES..LIBRARY SALES.. That's how I built my classroom library.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I wasn't with you in the stuck elevator. :) I share procrastination with you.

Anonymous said...

Put the check mark in the procrastinator column for me also - and the spendy perfume column also!

I've been very lax on blog reading lately but am so pleased to hear about you going back to school! Good for you. I need to spend some time figuring out my next 'move'.

Cheers-

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Manuela:-)

I'm back from my trip and now catching up with everyone! I so enjoyed reading these facts about you...I'm still giggling at the thought of your mother pushing you all in the elevator, complete with luggage and then getting stuck! lol

We had snow flurries this morning and the high today was 3c!! Hope I'm not going to be building a snowman again before Halloween this year! lol xoxo

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

I'm right there with ya on number one! ;-) Very fun list of facts about you.
Path to Health

Hanlie said...

That was interesting! I also sing along and procrastinate...