Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I just can't believe it's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. This is the longest I've gone without blogging and I knew that I had to make time today for a short update. I really do miss my posts and visiting all of you! Thanks for the kind comments and support so many of you have proffered during these few weeks--it was much appreciated.

The strike finally ended and classes resumed last Monday. The worst thing that happened was the cancellation of my 3 week practicum that was to begin this Tuesday. It has been added to the December practicum and we'll now have 6 weeks beginning November 20. I was looking forward to Halloween with the kiddies! Ah well, next year if I'm fortunate I'll have my very own class to have some fall fun with.

The week was crazy getting caught up. Most of you know just how much is packed into a semester--even moreso in my education program. So, while 2.5 weeks may not seem much to some it made quite an impact on all of us. The important thing is that we're back so, onwards and upwards.

I've been trying to get back to running. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous so I'm glad to be outdoors as much as possible. I'm just not keeping track as I was before. I hope to be able to start posting on my little calendar again. My summer garden is pretty cleaned up. I dug out tomatoes and peppers yesterday and hope to plant some tulip bulbs when the weather cools a bit--it hit around 80 today! I want to take some pictures and will hopefully be able to post some pictures.

There's a lot more I can say but I'll end now with wishes that you are all well and with the best intentions of visiting as many of you as I can throughout the week. I'll also express my thankfulness for good friends, opportunities, the love of family and too many other blessings.

'Til the next post!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the strike is settled. Finally! Bur sorry that it played havoc with your schedule.

Happy Thanksgiving. (I'm going to have to read up on Canadian T'giving traditions.) :)

WWSuzi said...

Great to see you back!! Happy thanksgiving ;)

Pattie said...

I'm so glad classes are on again and you're back in the sewing of things. I look forward to hearing about your school adventures, when you have time to post.

Congrats on fitting running into your hectic schedule. I’m so proud of you for that!

Happy Thanksgiving! I know I count you among the many things I'm thankful for this season.

RunningNan said...

For a second there I thought I overslept by about a month! I'm glad classes are back on.

Isn't the weather gorgeous? We hit 80 yesterday too.

Grace Acres said...

I had to take a second look and then I remembered that you are a canadian and that is why your wishing a happy thanksgiving. I visited with my canadian family this weekend at a wedding here in the states and they also were wishing us a happy thanksgiving.

pointing the weigh said...

Good to see you back and good that the strike is now over! It is awful when things happen that knock our routines out of balance.

Hugs xx

JC said...

So good to see a new post from you. Glad your back in school and settling in. Good you are finding time to squeeze in some exercise. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Why do y'all celebrate Thanksgiving so early? I don't think I ever thought about other countries celebrating Thanksgiving.

Donnalouise said...

Sniff...missing my family back hom ein New Brunswick. Wishing you and my family a great Thanksgiving!

MB said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm glad to hear the strike is over and you're back at school.

The weather has been amazing here and I hope to have some pictures for you soon. :)

Natalia said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!! Glad to hear that your back in school and I was happy to read a new post!

kikimonster said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope you enjoyed your holiday. And you better enjoy that gorgeous weather before the snow sets in :)

Anonymous said...

Hope your Holiday was a good one! Thanks for your comment. Glad your experience was not serious. Have a Great Week!

Holly said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'm glad your classes have resumed.. I can't imagine what would happen if we missed 2.5 weeks of classes. That's huge!! Hope all can be caught up quickly!

Hanlie said...

Happy Thanksgiving (belatedly)! I'm glad your classes are back to normal!

Lora said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad the strike is over and you can get on with it!

Susie said...

hey!!!
thank you for all the support!!! you are so good to/for me. glad to hear that the strike is over!!!!!!!!!! I hope it's all going well for you! Happy Thanksgiving..I hope it was great. Enjoy the weather and the colors of the season. You are gonna do great with the teaching. XO

tas said...

So glad things are humming again. it doesn't take long for the work to really pile up in a college setting. i completely understand the difficulty blogging about your life when it is full to the brim. Stop by when you can. Those kids are gonna be SO BLESSED to have you in their lives. Kids can just never have too many people who care about them. well, for that matter neither can the rest of us! :) I'm so glad to have a Canadian friend cuz' that means i get to celebrate Thanksgiving twice...Twice Is Nice!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Good for you for working exercise into what looks like a pretty heavy schedule. It will help with stress, that's for sure.