Monday, September 8, 2008

School Daze!

Wow, first day of classes and I must say I'm pooped! There is a lot to do in a relatively short time so I'll see how my Library skills come into play when it comes to organization and time management. Today's classes were Science, Education Foundations, and Music. Last Thursday and Friday I had the opportunity to visit a local public school and sit in on the first week of classes for 5th grade and a 3/4 split. What a great experience that was as it's been, ahem, 30+ years since I've been in a public school setting. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

I must say that I've been lax in the exercise department and when I manage to fit it in, I'm not getting it down on my workout calendar. I'll have to look at my calendar carefully and make sure to schedule the time for it, especially while the nice weather is still here. It was great to get responses for goals you'd like to set for yourself this month. I hope that we can all manage to keep up the pace no matter what else is going on in our lives.

So, I have no interesting numbers to report as the end of August was a bit of a downer. I'm hoping that with a busy schedule I can have good figures to share with you all at the end of this month! I hope that you all have a great week and I look forward to catching up with your blogs over the coming days :)

12 comments:

Donnalouise said...

Good luck with school. Managing life, school, exercising, etc...it's a lot to juggle. I use to always munch while I did my homework - bad habit. It was easy to not realise what I was eating while doing homework. Avoid like the plague...

Lora said...

Isn't it exciting to be back in school? (minus the homework of course!) We take it much more seriously when we're older - don't you think?!

Anonymous said...

Yay! School is back! Good luck! :)

Carole Burant said...

I can well imagine how tired you are after that first week of school! It's always hard to get back into a routine after the summer holidays are over with. I wouldn't worry too much about not having had time to exercise, I'm sure once you've gotten yourself used to the new routine of being at school, you'll find the time:-) xoxo

tas said...

Hey, glad to know school is off to a great start. hope your routine starts falling into place. remember to sneak in those "easy" exercises like parking that extra space or two farther from the door, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. (aren't middle schoolers just CUTE!)

Anonymous said...

Kudos on being back in school! You'll get the exercise in when you adjust to your new schedule. Have a great week!

Holly said...

Another one back in school! It's tough keeping everything balanced, isn't it? But I so love being back in a routine and schedule that the summer was lacking. Best of luck with your classes!

Holly said...

And hahahaha School Daze.. that's exactly how I feel right now too :)

JC said...

Hey, glad to hear school started off well. You will love it. You will find a way to work exercise in maybe a few short spurts during the day. Just an idea.

Anonymous said...

lots to juggle.

I do think once you hit your stride in all this you may be BETTER than before!

the trite but IMO true of BUSY PEOPLE GET STUFF DONE!

have a great day----friday is coming :)

Miz.

Lynn said...

I am so glad that you are back in your element. Enjoy! I really miss learning...learn a few extra things for me, would' ya?

Pattie said...

Hi Sweetie -

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading... gosh, I've been wondering how you're doing, with school starting. Sounds like you're going to be busy and challenged -- and loving every minute of it!

I went back to school for my Bachelors when I was 35. I was so much older than everyone, but I had such a better sense of self, and of what I wanted to accomplish. I loved school, and would go back in a heartbeat for my Masters, if money allowed. Maybe when all the kids get their schooling out of the way...

I know oyu’re4 swamped but I hope you can take a minute and catch us up on how it’s going. You’re in my thoughts!