Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy September!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Labour Day weekend. The day was perfect here and I got in a bike ride and some gardening. My sister was visiting and left late this morning. She's been living in Illinois for over 8 years and has quite the drive home. We had a lot of fun shopping. Believe it or not, that's something that I hate doing more and more as I get older--at least when it comes to browsing. I like to go in, get what I want and leave.

Well, she insisted that we visit the MAC counter (she LOVES the stuff!) and got me set up with a few starting essentials. I've never been one who enjoyed playing with makeup and apart from some foundation, lipgloss and maybe blush, I've never bothered with doing my eyes. Well, the older I get I realize that I could use a lift in that area so my dear sister gave me some tips. I think that with some time I could look quite polished and professional!

So, tomorrow I go back to school and I'm quite excited and just a little bit nervous. Classes don't start until next week so the few days this week are mostly about meetings, some panel discussions, etc. I'll fill you all in on my experiences while in the program.

Some of you know that I usually do a wrap-up of how my month went. Well, because of my nasty bout with sinusitis I'm not going to tally up the numbers. It started out well but the exercise was missing for 2 weeks even though I managed to get some in the last few days. I'm down a few pounds (haven't looked yet--sorry Bonnie!) but I don't think I'm down by many inches.

My goals for September are to do well in school, first and foremost, then try to fit my exercise routine into my new schedule. It shouldn't be too hard judging by what I've seen so far. I would love to lose a minimum of 6 pounds but I'll be overly optimistic and shoot for 10. Any little inches can join those pounds too!

What are your goals for September? Anything new or just to keep on keeping on? I'd love to hear from you all.

21 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! The fresh air today had to help. :)

Great goals for September. I don't really have any goals--same old, same old....

ptg said...

Definitely glad to hear you're feeling better. I agree with you on the shopping thing - in, out, done!

As for goals, I'm with Cammy - seems like the same stuff, different day....but I feel much more confident that I can do it these days!

Donna B said...

LOVE the photo! Glad you had a nice time with your sister. I bet you feel great about the makeup session, definately a pick me upper! Need to do that myself in the near future. Lost 4#'s this month, and am striving for 10#'s this month like you. Hope the biking I am doing helps, jsut trying to figure out what calories I should eat to counteract the hour of exercise I am doing. Good luck reaching your goals! Know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

have a great day.

a FUN backtoschool day.

let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better! Good Luck with your sept goals! My goal is to re-commit to my weigh loss journey! Have a Great school day!

tas said...

So glad you are feeling better! i can't wait to hear all about school! it is wild being in class with "youngsters". when i took class last year some of the students in my class were classmates of my daughters in high school. Weird for me... i bet double weird for them! :)

Goals for September...keep my exercise routine as the calendar begins to fill... spanish class for me and driving our youngest to music lessons, swim practices, and marching band practices.

Chubby Chick said...

I'm glad you had such a nice time with your sister. And good luck with school and your September goals. I'm hoping to drop 2 lbs. a week from now until Christmas... and beyond. Wish me luck! lol

kikimonster said...

I'm so excited about you going back to school. I talked a little about my goals for September on my blog today (theme around here?) so feel free to check it out.

Natalia said...

I'm like you not big on shopping! I know exactly what I want, get it and get out! :)

Good luck at school. How exciting.

Susie said...

I am so damn behind..when did i miss a chapter about you going to school??? Argh!
Give me some details?
SOunds like you are in a great place..keep it up, sunshine!
What did you get at MAC? I had to reschedule my "makeover" and am going on Friday!!! WOO HOOO!
I have been wearing their Spice liner with twig lipstick for about 15 years now! The only decent habit I have stuck with :)..Details, details...please!

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie, my August goals kind of got thrown out too with my bout of whatever I had. Oh well, Septemember is a new month, right? You need to come visit me today, you loser :P.

I need to make new goals for September and maybe actually meet them one month.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, this is Manuela's sister Andrea - the MAC queen lol! She ended up getting the gel eyeliner in Macroviolet, an eyeshadow brush, Surreal (mint green) eyeshadow, and a Paint in Bare Canvas, and I think that's about it from what I can remember. She still needs to get another eyeshadow in Digit (light purple color).

I want her to go to the counter and have them try out different colors on her.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that she also got the eyeliner brush as well!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you are feeling better...your ambition is contagious! Keep going! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Manuela, you get to choose between the trivet and the clock. Whatcha want, woman? Send me a picture to my email (at least 150 DPI). :)

Lora said...

School will make you feel young again! I went back at 42 and kept forgetting I was old enough to be a mom to all my classmates. I actually became good friends with a girl my oldest daughter's age and we still get together now & then. Time seems to transcend as we get older...Best of luck with your studies!

Grace Acres said...

I love sister time, and you will do great with school. It is awesome that you set goals and your'e going to achieve them.

JC said...

So glad you feeling better before school starts. I know you will do great in your classes. Just remember how well your have done so far when things get stressful. Grace and blessings to you.

Donnalouise said...

My goal for September is to reach 70lbs down...hope we both reach our goals by the 30th! :)

Diana Swallow said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Goals for September...I've started circuit training so I guess it would be 6X a week circuit training and following my eating plan.

nonizamboni said...

So, so glad you're feeling better. The golden rod around here is kicking my butt, however I still want to be outside to walk, so...
I was glad for the opportunity to think of goals: I want to keep up my weight loss and blood sugar control (diagnosed w/diabetes in March) but continue to be creative in getting the exercise I need now that the weather is unpredictable.
Good luck w/school!
Happy weekend.