Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm Happy! How About You?

Okay, I think I'm better now!

Wow, it's been a tough couple of weeks. I went to my doctor yesterday and while I'm not 100% I'll get there soon. Sinuses are a tough thing to get over and I hope that the infection is gone. I finished my antibiotics and will continue to use my nasal spray and start on cleaning out the allergens in my house that I can control. Unfortunately, Windsor has a terrible air quality thanks to being neighbour to Detroit. We get all the bad air from the coal burners that are there plus all the other nasty chemicals and pollutants that come from big cities. Oh well, I can't move so I just have to make the best of it.

Yesterday I went to the University to get my student card. Next week I have an orientation meeting followed by a few other meetings and the following week classes start. I have to say that it felt strange going back for that card 20 years later. Funny but I didn't feel 20 years older until I realized that the girl who took my photo could be my daughter! I'm really looking forward to seeing the makeup of the people in my class. I know most will be in their 20's so it should be fun. When I went for my master's a few years ago I was actually at the bottom of the age range because you tend to see a lot of professionals who are going back or just looking for a career change. In any case, if you ever have an opportunity to go back to school or take a couple of courses DO IT!

It's hard to believe that August is coming to an end and I'm a bit sorry that I think my monthly wrap-up won't be as successful as the last few. My exercise has been non-exisitent since I got sick so while I've lost a few pounds, I'm not sure about the inches. I hope that the rest of you have enjoyed your summer and that a few goals may have been met. Best wishes for September!

*Look at what just came in the mail! Thank you Pattie, it's lovely. The colours are vibrant, the patterns are fantastic and I'm so proud to have been given such proof of your handiwork. The card and bookmark were just as sweet and you've brought some sunshine into an overcast day!
"A Single Dream Can Launch the Journey of a Lifetime"

17 comments:

Pattie said...

Hey sweetie - I'm glad you're truly feeling better. It's a god thing you got this crapola out of the way before school starts, eh?

Have you ever tried using a Neti pot? I've not had personal experience with them, since I'm blessed with trouble-free sinuses (knock on wood!) But I've heard from many sources that they help tremendously.

A student ID card? Wow -it's REAL! You're going back to school, Manuela: you’re going for your dream! I'm so proud of you!

Donnalouise said...

Good luck with your classes. I have a Masters degree and was wondering about going back for my PhD but...have a great job now and after 8 years of univeristy, I think I'm done. I would love to take some sort of arts class though - like pottery.

Diana Swallow said...

Glad you're feeling better! I'm so proud of you for going back to school! You ROCK!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hanlie said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling grotty. My mother has been battling sinus infections all her life, so I have a lot of sympathy!

Thanks for the "Welcome back". It's good to catch up again!

Diana Swallow said...

OMG I love it!!!! Great job Pattie!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you are feeling better....good luck with the classes!

Chrissie said...

Glad you are feeling better. Love the prize. They are great. Woohoo for going back to school!

Chubby Chick said...

Here's to a great September! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better! SIck definitely sucks ;)

Good luck with University! How exciting! I really need to get my butt back in school! =)

Carole Burant said...

I've never had a sinus infection (touch wood!!) but I've heard how horrible they are so I do hope and pray that you'll soon be 100% better!! It hasn't been a very enjoyable summer for you with that infection:-(

I think it's wonderful that you're going back to school. I've sometimes thought about going back but then I just don't know what I'd want to take...it's been over 33 years since I've been to school so I think my time has passed! lol

Isn't it exciting to receive such lovely gifts in the mail from a blogging friend?:-) xoxo

Anonymous said...

How exciting about the return to school! And, glad to hear you're feeling better.

(Thank you for sharing Pattie's handiwork on your blog -- gorgeous.)

MB said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better and so jealous you are going back to school. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

IM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE BETTER AS WELL.

physically and mentally

(and I echo the neti pot. I love mine. a lot :))

nonizamboni said...

So glad you're on the mend! Good luck with your classes--I'm impressed with your ambition and dreams.
Keep looking up and have a wonderful weekend!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Love Pattie's pressie and am so with you on being sick. I have been laying low all week in preparation for going back to school full time on Tuesday ... Ugh!