Thursday, June 19, 2008

What's Going On?

I've been pretty busy the last few days and the weekend promises to be just as busy so I wanted to do one more post before next Tuesday.

My sister is coming to spend the weekend with us. She's bringing a friend from work with her because on Monday, we in Windsor and Detroit will be starting the summer season off with the International Freedom Festival Fireworks. If I'm not mistaken, it is the biggest display in North America. It's so cool to be able to celebrate Canada Day and Independence Day together! Border cities can prove to be a pain (ie. bridge and tunnel hassles, traffic, etc.) but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I've been on plan this week and need to remember that when they come! The hard part is always trying to get in some exercise because my routing tends to get thrown off. I also have a wedding to go to on Sunday so that will add to the busyness of the weekend. I just watched a video on Why The Weight and think you'll all enjoy it.

I did go strawberry picking again on Tuesday and picked slightly more than last time. I now have a freezer full of beautiful strawberries and shelves loaded with strawberry jam and preserves. If I do say so mayself, the jam is delicious! I spent all of yesterday and the day before cleaning and preparing them.

I've posted a little bit more of my "to be finished" project. I won't be coy with posting bits of it--on Tuesday I'll show off the whole thing. I took it apart from my working frame and was amazed by how all the colours work to create the whole.

I hope everyone has a great weekend doing whatever you're doing. See you all Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo... so it was a pretty lady in that corner.

I'll have to check out the video link.

Have lots of fun with your sister and her friend!

Nicole said...

Homemade strawberry jam is one of my favorite things ever. Ever!!!!

You know--speaking of the border--we're going to Toronto the weekend of July 4th. I can't wait. I LOVE that city!