Well, I took a break from my search on Sunday. I have a few more spots to look through but my feelings are that it's gone to that place where all things that we can't find go (anybody know where that place is?)
Saturday morning I went to the Great Lakes Lavender farm. It turned out to be a very pretty day to go out into the country. My mom and I drove there and took a little tour. Unfortunately for them, they lost approx. 50% of a specific variety as did some other farmers in Ontario. They didn't know why. You can see the brown bunches in this picture. I tasted a shortbread cookie made with lavender buds but wasn't crazy about it because it was slightly bitter. I did, however, get 2 new varieties of lavender! I just hope that we get a few days of dry weather so that I can plant them.
I was also honoured and very happy to get a comment from Christina to stop by her blog for a surprise. She definitely made my day by awarding me with my first blogger award. We share similar beliefs, are working on getting healthy and love our gardens. Wow, congratulations on getting 158 quarts of strawberries from your patch. I'd love to see some pictures!
Now, I need to choose 5 bloggers to award this too and it was hard to choose 5 because I'd like to give this to everybody who comments and lifts me up each week! But, 5 it must be so here they are in no particular order:
1. Susie We had such fun with our April challenge! She's the creator of wonderful awards and badges herself and helped me a lot with getting a bit more "techie".
2. Pattie A fellow gardener and a quilter! She has a wonderful attitude and has encouraged me to follow suit. I just need to work on my essay--today's the due date.
3. Katschi For taking a break from blogging but returning in the end. It's been tough for her this year but I'm so glad she hasn't given up on her journey to wellness! From a former line rat!!
4. Bonnie One of the first bloggers to comment on my fledgling blog. She's one of the gals I think I'd have a great time getting to know in person. We will have that coffee one day, I just feel it!
5. Sabine This lady has been through a lot with health issues but manages to get out into her garden. She has gone to the trouble of mailing a relative stranger (me!) a rhizome of her beautiful apricot iris!
Thanks to you all for brightening up my comment box. I could only choose 5 but you're ALL included. Here are the rules if you'd like to accept your award:
1. Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award (http://arteypico.blogspot.com/)
Have a wonderful Monday and we'll see you tomorrow at HYC!