Monday, May 5, 2008

SNAP OUT OF IT!

Ugh! Last month was so great but this month I felt blecchy. I was fine and even forgot that I was fast approaching that time (I think it's been all the exercise) so when Saturday morning came along I was surprised. Yesterday was worse, day 2 always is. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and I watched it all through my window.

I'm better today, I don't feel like a water balloon that needs to be thrown against the sidewalk. It's glorious again so I'm planning on doing my run this morning (25 minutes every day this week!), followed by some gardening and then hopefully a bike ride. My exercise challenge (see left) focuses on abs but I may save that for tomorrow.

Goals for the month are to stay focused! I don't want to make excuses for anything and that includes hormones! I want to get to the gym three times a week instead of the two times I'm doing now. Maybe I'll throw in some swimming now that it's warming up. I'd also like to surpass the 6 pounds from April. I tried on a dress yesterday and I've got about 10 pounds to go until I can zip up! I've got a couple of weddings this year and some stuff in July so I want to be ready for those occasions.

My treat--a haircut and highlights! My hair grows very quickly so a rather expensive trip to the salon is always a great pick me up.

So, it's on to the first full week of May--let's go!

7 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Ugh! I hate that "bloated" feeling. Hope you are feeling better and get a great run in.

Happy Monday!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Just think, you'll have this "nature" time out of the way and have the ENTIRE month to be successful. And you'll look cute too, with your new highlights!

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

That TOM is the absolute worst! Way to go on the exercise! You'll meet your goal & ROCK that new hairstyle!

RunningNan said...

TOM stinks! lol. Hope all is well today!

Felicia said...

I am so with you on this one. I HATE IT! It ruins me day, week, month whatever. I just want it to go away. I am done with "needing it" and well it needs to go! lol

I am SURE you will reach all your goals for May and more. You are doing simply wonderful!!

Keep up the inspiring work!!

*Super Big Huggles*
=0)

Holly said...

I think my bloat has finally disapeared too. Good for you for running every day!! That's awesome!!!! My mantra this month is also about being motivated.. I keep saying it "motivated in may, motivated in may". All the best!

Anonymous said...

It's just the first week. I got my period today. Ick!

Stay focused and positive. That will get you through the day.