Friday, May 2, 2008

"Delta Dawn...

...What's that flower you've got on." Anybody remember that song? I can remember singing it in school when I was probably in 3rd grade or so (my teacher loved to teach us songs that are now played on the oldies station!)

Well, today's flower is a Gerbera Daisy and it's my first flower purchase of the season. I love them! There are so many colours to choose from and I'm sure I'll buy more but the orange one just felt so warm and sunny.

This morning I was supposed to do day 2, week 6 which is 2 10 minute running sections with a 3 minute walk in between. I have a collection of 70's hits on my mp3 today (hence the Helen Reddy) and I ran by the river. It was warm and I was feeling pretty good. Well, I just decided to keep running to see how long I could go. Before I knew it I had managed 18 minutes! I was cramping up a bit but pushed myself to finish 25 minutes which is day 3! Yippee for me! I may regret pushing that last little bit (ouch for my lower abdomen and hip/groin areas) but it felt good to do that much time without sore legs and good breathing.

For this month, I've added two challenges and you'll notice a purple heart at the left side with those links. I hope that this month will be even better than April which, I have to say, was pretty darn good. For my exercise challenge I even measured--WHAT? Ha ha, now that should be interesting!

TGIF everybody and I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend.

*Saturday, it's raining so I washed my windows (makes sense, right?) and now I'm playing with some stuff Susie sent me. I created a badge below my May Challenges--one little prize to show off at the end of the month. Thanks for the tips girlfriend!

11 comments:

Hanlie said...

I love that song! I sing it often! And those are beautiful flowers!

RunningNan said...

AWESOME JOB!

On the running store guy, I have no idea if he's single or not. Of course he is cute! My personality has already landed me a 20% discount... oh the possibilities. I see me developing a running shoe fetish while my dress shoes are all tossed aside!

Anonymous said...

Those daisies are some of my favorites also! I think it's because they are such bright colors and spread happiness.

Good job on your running. You are doing SO good.

All is well with me. Was contacted by that same magazine to do some more writing for them this month so that's exciting!

Take good care.

Susie said...

You rocked the April Challenge, by the way. 6 lbs is EXCELLENT!! I really like your star for MAY--it's very cool!Isn't that site FUN! I LOVE a gerbera daisy!! They aren't that sturdy..I have found. You are doing so well with the running--it's so great to hear. Good luck with all your challenges and that's for joining me in both of mine. You are always so supportive. Have a great day!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Well, great. Now I've got that song running through my head. Thanks so much. :P

Great run! You're gonna push yourself to the finish line in no time!

Ready Maid said...

Way to go on the running! Is this a KICK or what?? And I'm 13 years older than you, Babe!

I'm with you on the music, though. I tried running today, listening to a teaching series, and I almost tripped three or four times before I finally switched it back to music. When it's words, I forget about my rhythm. When it's music, I can keep going and going...

Thanks for stopping by over at Ready Maid. You're a great encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers

Lora said...

Oh - I remember that song well! I was a teenager at the time...and the songs we hear then never seem to leave us!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm encouraged to hear about all the poeple that are doing the Cto5K! Today I'm off to get some good running shoes and do this right!

Irish Mom said...

I heart daisy's!! Awesome job on the running!! I love your May Challenge button!! I need to get my but in gear with the excercising!!

Nicole said...

Good luck with your challenges!

I love gerbera daisies. I bought some a couple of weeks ago--orange ones no less. They really brightened up the house.

Grace Acres said...

I haven't ever heard of that song, but I love the gerbera. I stamp and scrapbook and one of my favorite stamp is the gerbera.