Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day!

Well, let's say hurray for a brand new month! I'm excited because although I didn't lose 10 pounds like I had proposed, I feel better and stronger than I was in March. Warm, sunny days and working in my garden have boosted my mood like nobody's business!

Today's flower is another favourite of mine (I've got this one growing on my fence--no blooms yet!), the clematis. This variety is Josephine. I've also got a pale lilac and a purple one. All 3 varieties bloom twice a year for me.

So, it's May and there are a few challenges going around. I've got 2 until I get my 15 gone badge so that will be exciting. A few of my mini goals should also be taken care of. I'm going to do a few things differently this month and see if I can lose more. I've decided to sign up for Thinking Thin's challenge--check it out. Anybody else got a good one that is going or will be starting? I love being involved in a challenge because there is nothing better than a little healthy competition! It motivates me and I hope all those involved. Tell me about what you've got planned for the month of May, I'd love to hear all about it. Enjoy what is hopefully a beautiful day wherever you are!

8 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm doing an exercise challenge:
http://jigglelessexercisechallenge.blogspot.com

I'm so glad you are able to spend time outdoors. I've heard rumors we will soon get to do the same.:)

Susie said...

Hi!
That is so wonderful about 2 lbs to the 15lb badge!!! Perfect for my little May Challenge!I am trying to figure out if I should make a new page for it or just do it on 40x40.
I will partake in Thinking Thin's too..where you will beat me again...or not!! You are doing great. Enjoy the day!

Anonymous said...

I got a few challenges already going but looking for one for May.

RunningNan said...

quick question... I read on Scale Junkie's site that you are coming up on 9 years for your dad. I'm coming up on 3 on May 9th. It's a very hard week still. Let's keep running so we aren't brought down by sadness!

Anonymous said...

I just added you to the list! Welcome :).

Check out the latest post in the Challenge Blog (http://jigglelessexercisechallenge.blogspot.com/2008/05/challenge-for-may-abs-wins.html - add the blog to your reader if you use one). Come on, let's do this! No giving up! :)

Anonymous said...

Shoot me an email and I will add you :) (it's in my profile)

Take One Stripper Pole said...

I love coming over here and seeing all the pretty flowers! I was looking for a few challenges to join ... but I signed myself up for a BIG one .... which I will post about tomorrow ... I am CRAZY!

Hanlie said...

That's a flower I don't know... Beautiful though!

You'll have that badge in no time!