Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Holiday?



According to an email I got, this week is Sister's/Girlfriend's week. It seems that with the advent of the internet there are all sorts of things we can celebrate and with the click of the send button a message with all sorts of images will be waiting for you in your inbox!

I have been having a rough week. After my post Tuesday, I went to the test track and ran 4K in 30 minutes. I have no concept of whether or not that is good but that's what I did (in case you don't know, that's about 2.5 miles). I felt good while I was doing it but paid for it afterwards. My right leg has been bothering me the past few days and I think I'll have to get it checked out. Muscle sprains shouldn't last this long!

I hate seeing my workout calendar missing so many pink squares. I'll have to skip a run and do a pilates tape at home and I'm going to try for a bike ride. It's quite possible that I've been overdoing things but it's been too nice to stay inside! I also need to do my ab workout for my May challenge. So far, May hasn't been the best but I'm hoping that changes.

I hope you all get to enjoy today. If you've got one, give your sister a call otherwise check in on a friend and tell her how much you appreciate her!

I am only as strong as the coffee I drink, the hairspray I use and the friends I have. To the cool women who have touched my life.

17 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

It sounds like a great run! I hope nothing's seriously wrong with your leg. Maybe, as you say, it's just a little overworked. I know what you mean about wanting to be outside. Today is my mandatory Rest Day, and my feet are wanting to walk! (Instead, they're settling for housework--ugh!)

Have a great day, Manuela!

R.Shack said...

4K in 30 minutes is great! I hope your leg gets better soon... I know how hard it is to stay indoors when it's beautiful but listen to your body and stick to walking if that's what it's telling you!

Take care!

RunningNan said...

I should use a calendar like you use. Maybe I'll change it up a bit for each different thing I do. I smell a post coming on for me!

Hanlie said...

Hope the leg heals quickly! Congrats on the run! Sounds good to me...

Holly said...

Woohoo 4K in 30 minutes isn't too shabby at all! Good for you! And it doesn't matter how fast you are, it's just that you are doing it in the first place. But try and take it a little easy on your leg! Maybe a rest day is in order?

Susie said...

Hi!!
Maybe soak your leg in epson salts..I soak in them and I read that it's good for muscle aches, pains and sprains...take it easy for a few days. Feel good..and nice job with the run!! {{hugs}}

Irish Mom said...

Awesome job!! I hope you feel better!!

Anonymous said...

Hope all is ok! The run sounded great!

Pattie said...

Cheers to you, cool woman! And congrats on your run. That's fantastic! I hope your leg is feeling better by the time you read this.

tas said...

Hope your leg is feeling better. Biking for awhile is probably a good idea.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. i've been up to my eyeballs in "end-of-the-school-year" stuff, so no blogging for me for awhile. :(
in answer to your question, i went to Bolivia to see my son who was (and still is) studying there. We also have 3 students we sponsor there thru two different organizations. (tasteinberger.blogspot.com if you are interested in more info)
your wisteria are absolutely beautiful...i need to see if they will grow where i live... amazing!
i'm hoping to use your calendar idea to keep track of my exercise on my blog.
blessings on your day!

tas said...

help!!! i copied your nifty exercise calendar, but i don't know how to make the dates change colors when i exercise on that day... oops! hoping you can walk...write...me through it. Thanks!

MB said...

Sounds like you need to take it easy. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Take care of yourself and enjoy the weekend!

tas said...

thanks for the help... i think i got the calendar figured out. i live in South Dakota. Need to check out if we are in a gardening zone that wisteria enjoy! My peonies are just starting to come up, so we might be too cold. :(

Diana Swallow said...

WOW what a great run! Hope your leg feels better soon. You seriously ROCK!

Ready Maid said...

You ROCK with your 4K in 30 minutes. That's terrific!

And to hear you say you baked all those goodies for your fundraiser...WOW! I think I may have had to back out of that one and volunteer to do something else helpful.

Unknown said...

That's an awesome run but am sorry your leg is bothering you now. Keep is updated.

I use a calendar on my fridge for a couple of purposes. My roommate is grossly overweight and am hoping that any progress I make might nudge her a little to do something for herself. I like your calendar though, I might have to look into it.

Anonymous said...

I don't know either. I'm just started checking my speed this week. I hadn't done it since my fourth week on C25K. I don't care if I'm a slow fat runner. I'm out there running and there is no stopping me.