Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bella, Bella



The last 2 days have been cold and wet and I've been in a bit of a mood because of some family things and a pain down my right leg, again! I'm looking forward to a nice run and some weights and if I'm really good I'll try to fit in the ab work for my exercise challenge.

I have to do some baking this week for a church function this Sunday. Yesterday I made these chunky peanut chocolate chip cookies and wasn't tempted at all (helps that I'm not a huge peanut butter fan). Today I'll be making some cream cheese cinnamon rolls (much more my kind of thing) but should do well because they'll be frozen and baked on Saturday. I'm also making some chocolate orange cupcakes (love that combination) and lime meltaways. I've never tried either of these but they sound yummy!

My week has been pretty good. I'm almost at 15 pounds and I have met the mini goal of being at the weight I was when I left Chrysler last summer. I hope that I can post a new badge next week!

Today's pictures are from Venice. I was there 2 years ago just this month travelling with my cousin and I have to say it is one of my favourite vacations EVER! I loved Italy and Venice was our last stop. It was already getting hot at the end of May so I'm glad we went when we did.

The first picture is of the magnificent St. Mark's Cathedral and the second is a shot of the famous gondolas. I had heard some negative things about Venice (it's dirty, it smells, etc.) Well, not when we were there. It was just like I imagined it to be and more. I felt as though we were in the scene of a movie.

History, architecture, romance--it's all there and I highly recommend Italy as a vacation destination and if I have the opportunity I would love to go again.

I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys today! I will--it's sunny out today!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to go there. Maybe I can convince F to take me there someday.

Congrats, on your mini goal! You are doing fabulous. :)

RunningNan said...

I too would love to go there along with Ireland. Oh the dreams!

Irish Mom said...

You'll be at 15 in no time!! Those picsare beautiful! I would love to go to Venice.

Nicole said...

I cannot WAIT to go to Italy. I've set a target to go there for our 10th wedding anniversary (in 5 years). We shall see how that goes. Thanks for sharing your photos! They are absolutely gorgeous.

About your note on my blog: I thought about that, too. I mean, I know that I'm brave. And I'm compassionate. But my God, I truly do not think I would be able to do what she did. What terrifying times she lived in, and to stand up against all that is simply breathtaking.

Pattie said...

You're a better woman than me. I don’t think I could do all that baking and not partake. I can pass on store bought goodies, but the homemade stuff gets me every time! Good for you!

And thanks for posting the lovely photos. It's a nice dream escape for me this morning. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, those cinnamon rolls sound heavenly! Congrats on the mini goal. I know we'll see that 15lb badge on your blog really soon! Lovely pix!

Felicia said...

Ohhhhhhhh all that baking sounds heavenly. I don't bake as I am handicapped in that area lol. I can do the "open package put on pan" type baking but thats about it lol. Sniff them for me would ya!!

The photos are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them!!

Have a wonderful day!
*huggles*
=0)

Holly said...

Venice looks incredible!! Exactly like a movie.. or a postcard.

Congrats on achieving your mini goal!!

Lora said...

I went to Italy in 2000 and loved it! Venice was one of my stops and it truly was a wonderful place!

Wouldn't it be fun to run in the streets of Italy....the little towns...the fountains...the gellato (well - that aart might not be good for us!) But we'd probably trip over the cobblestones anyway!

Hanlie said...

Italy is definitely high on my list of places to visit!

Hope you reach that 15 soon!

Dottie said...

I'm not much of a baker either and if I were, I don't think I'd be able to pass up trying a piece here and there.

Italy would be wonderful. The photos are beautiful.

Erin said...

Cooking is a passion of mine, I just love to bake, I've recently taught myself how to make whole wheat things (same as white, just different flour) and my kids love it.

Loved the pictures!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

All that baking sounds divine!

Looking forward to new bling soon! (But be sure you're taking care of that pain.)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

The photos are lovely! Makes me want to go to Europe again. If I did all that baking of those yummy things, I'd gain 10 pounds for sure.
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Great photos and GREAT news about your progress on your blog... you can bake and not eat the goodies... wow! that is a huge NSV!!! :)

Sorry to hear the leg is playing up, fingers crossed you will be back on form in no time.

Have a great week and keep smiling.

Susie said...

Hey there!!!Oh..close to the 15lbs! Working Out!! Not tempted by baked goods!! NICE GOING! You are doing great! Hope your leg and mood are better. Stay strong (with the baked goods)..Impressive!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Loved the pictures ... I have been to Italy a few times ... but never made it to Venice. One of these days!