Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Even Steven


Can you believe that there are less than 2 weeks left until we get into the month of June? It's so true, the older you get the quicker time passes. So, what will you do with your time?

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on healing. My leg is still sore but I can't just sit around (that makes it hurt too). Sunday I decided to go for a run and test it out. I felt pretty good and managed to run for 36 minutes. I did about the same yesterday so today I'll be doing some pilates. I realized that I need to do more stretching and that I was definitely overdoing it with biking and running.

I didn't lose anything this week and so far May doesn't look as though it will be much of a success--who knows, maybe if I get back on track with my exercise something magical will happen in the next 2 weeks! My eating is fine and I didn't overdo it with my baked goods last week. Everyone loved them so I had very few leftovers. My favourite find was a recipe for Chocolate Citrus Cupcakes (only 3 pts.) They are so good! If anyone wants the recipe email a request to bdenes@mnsi.net. I have some friends visiting this weekend so that will be another opportunity for some homecooking and testing out some recipes.

Finally, I have finished the C25K program so I guess I can run all by myself now! I still can't believe I'm doing it and encourage you all to try it. You take it at your own pace and I must say that I feel really good after a run. I can't wait to be able to go for longer distances. What I need to do is try to find a 5K run and sign up for it.

I hope that everyone has a great day. It's planting day for me and each day this week should be warmer than the last so my annuals and veggies get to stretch their roots out!

19 comments:

Felicia said...

Nope I can't believe its almost June either. MAN is this year flying by or WHAT!!

Have a WONDERFUL week!
*huggles*
=0)

Grumpy Chair said...

Not only does time go by quicker, but young people start to look really young (like professional football players or TV news anchors).

Congratulations on finishing up your C25K training.

Anonymous said...

Yes, time is flying! Glad you're doing better & running again! Can't wait to see photos of your garden.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the C25K program. I started another beginner running plan but no one is going to cheer me on like they did while I was doing the c25K.

You and I are now runners. It might be awhile before I register to run a 5k in my area. Car problems and I don't want to spend 20 dollars on the fee when money is short.

On another note, I did a four mile run in my neighborhood (google maps) in 30 minutes. When I can afford to do a 5k, I'll do it in less than 30 minutes.

Diana Swallow said...

Yes time is flying by and the 40 year olds don't look so old anymore ;-) do I, erm, I mean do they?

So glad to hear your leg is a bit better, just take it slow and easy and you'll be back to your old pace in no time.

Girl with a Problem said...

Congrats on completing your running program - and running 36 minutes. I can't wait to get there. I'm doing a modified version of the running program from Runner's World. It progressed a little to quickly for me, so I'm listening to my body and I think it's working. I had a really good run/walk last night.

Sounds like you are ready for the 5K. I can't wait until I am.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations on committing to and completing your running program! It wasn't easy, I'm sure, but you did it in style!

Take care of that leg!

Lora said...

Congrats on finishing the C25K! It's so encouraging to hear that people wantto (and do)keep running afterwards!

Nicole said...

You seriously ROCK!! I literally couldn't run for 36 seconds. Well done!!

Heather said...

wow great job on finishing the C2 5K! that is amazing and you should be really proud.

Holly said...

Woohoooo! Congrats on finishing C25K! Doesn't it feel amazing?

Irish Mom said...

Awesome job with the C2K!! Iwish I could just hold time still for a while, let me catch up with things!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Sounds like you are doing wonderfully! Congrats on finishing the training.
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing up that C25k training. That is quite impressive!

It's amazing how time flies as we get older but the funny thing is my days drag...lol

Susie said...

Hi Honey--you are such a runner..and great job with the baked goods and your eating. Good girl! Okay..maybe we will lose this week? I haven't logged or behaved much..I need to get back to regular..whatever that is. Have fun with your guests and gardening..look forward to hearing about all.xo

RunningNan said...

Thanks! I got those at the Fossil outlet last year!

MB said...

Sounds like you got bit by the running bug. Congrats. I just printed out the 52K instructions and plan on starting as soon as I can breathe. I have to get some new medication because I think I'm immune to what worked before.

Take it easy on that leg and enjoy the warm weather.

Ready Maid said...

Summer is my FAVORITE season, at least when it starts. Even after everybody else starts complaining about the heat, I'm usually bottling sunshine for the more dreary winter months.

I'm SO proud of your C25K training! My schedule was interrupted last week when the grandbaby stayed with us (NOT complaining!), and this week I'm traveling again, but I'll have access to fitness equipment in the hotels. I'll keep you posted, Wonder Woman!

kikimonster said...

That cartoon is so me. I've skipped my running each morning this week to sleep in. Darn Aunt Flo!