Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"Save a Horse...

...ride a cowboy."

The first time I heard that song I thought, "YIKES!" Not very subtle when it comes to song lyrics! Now, I'm not much of a country music fan (unless we're talking classic country--Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Marty Robbins, etc.) But, I do like that song. It was playing when we were doing lifts in my BodyPump class. Can anyone say ouch? I'll be paying for this workout and it proves that I have got to do weights more than once a week in my house.

This is a great class because it works EVERY part of the body. Like I said yesterday, I really struggled in my running because my upper legs just got so tired. We did lots of squats and lunges too, all while holding the bar so I'm crossing my fingers that this class, 2-3 times a week does the trick.

I hope that everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday. Anybody that's out there doing any running--does it help to work out those legs?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

See I have the horse but I do have a thing for cowboys :). I have that t-shirt too but am somewhat modest to be wearing it out in public.

Maybe that's how I need to get back into my gym routine is change up my music on the Ipod.

Sounds like you got a good work...can you send some of your motivation my way?

R.Shack said...

hehehehe... I love that song... dirty lol

That class sounds awesome too!

Anonymous said...

hmmm.... I think riding a cowboy could be about the BEST exercise about now ;)

I haven't actually done any running on land yet, because of my knees, but I'm working on it!

Erin said...

My favorite "skinny" t shirt says "Looking for a Dirty Cowboy" And Save a horse is on my mp3 player i don't know maybe 30 times. It has it's own playlist where it is just repeated over and over and over and well you get the drift. I'll be explaining tomorrow why I call my cowboy "Cowboy". You'll have to look because I'm sure I will refernce you in my post!

RunningNan said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'll have to add you to my list.. It's growing fast now! I highly recommend going to a running specialty store to get fitted for shoes. If you don't have one, look for the shoe fit guide on runnersworld.com. I used to think that Nikes were the top of the line. I thought Asics were just cheap shoes.. I was wrong wrong wrong. They are made for running!

Hanlie said...

I'm going to have to download the song! Country music is not big here, but I do like it and whenever I hear about nice songs, I try and find the album or the song.

I must say, one of my favourite fantasies features a cowboy...

Diana Swallow said...

I was flipping through stations once while stuck in traffic and that song came on...lets just say it gave me a great laugh at a much needed time!

Holly said...

I'm sure working out the legs would help with the running eventually, as long as you aren't too sore. I haven't been doing much of any strength training (bad, very bad) and my legs have been okay BUT I'm sure strengthening my legs could only be a benefit, kwim?

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

mmmm....cowboys. :)

I don't run (yet), but I think the squats and lunges will be really helpful. They'll help those quads get stronger so they can pick up your feet better!

Susie said...

Great job with the workouts--I like those classes that work it ALL out! I did one a few weeks ago..and it would be great to do it on a regular basis..thanks for the reminder. Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Wel, I have bad knees and sadly, I have found that running is making them worse.

Anonymous said...

I love that song too!

Congrats on the 1.5 loss. I'm hoping for a WHOOSH tomorrow---it's been 5 weeks now.

The BodyPump class sounds like it was a real workout. You go girl!