Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mini Goal #1 Met!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One pound doesn't seem like much but this week it's a pretty special little pound. It has allowed me to tick off my first mini goal (see April 9 for list) of losing 2 pounds to reach the 10 pound mark. My next goal will now be to lose 3 pounds and weigh what I was last summer when I left my job.


Now, I'll be honest and tell you all that I really thought I'd have a bigger loss. I've been eating great, exercising almost ever day, etc. There are a few things that I'm going to switch up this week and see if that will make a difference. Otherwise, I have a theory for why it's coming off a bit slower for me this time around and I'll share that in another post.


Of course, slow and steady wins the race, right? Why are we always in such a hurry for things to happen? There is still plenty of time until summer hits us with its full force so I'm going to enjoy my healthier lifestyle and grow into it. This time I want it to stick!


I hope that everyone else had a great week sticking to whatever goals you've set for yourself. Enjoy your Tuesday and I hope that the sun is shining wherever you are.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!

10 pounds is a nice 1st milestone. It may not seem like much, but trust me, it is making a huge difference on your body.

Just keep going! And when things get rough, remember, you CAN and WILL do this!

RunningNan said...

Congrats on the 10 pounds! That is awesome!


don't worry, you will soon be able to run 5 minutes with out stopping! I never thought I could run. I was always the walker in school when we had to run the mile. The C25K is the best program!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Bling! I'll cheer for that one pound! You're doing so many things right, that I'm certain you'll achieve your goals. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! congrats on meeting your mini-goal and reaching that all important decade mark!

Pattie said...

Wow - 10 pounds are GONE!! I bet you've got so much more energy now. Congratulations on a wonderful achievement!

HappyBlogChick said...

Wooo hoooo! Congrats for reaching the 10 lb mark. That's such a big milestone - I'm happy for you!

And good for you for recognizing that this weight loss thing isn't a race. It's a good thing to let it happen slowly and really let the new lifestyle sink in.

Susie said...

YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY for your badge!!! I am soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!It looks great on your blog! Now..go get that 15 badge! hee hee.
Know what..even if we didn't do the 10lbs that we boldy announced on April 1..we are losers and got new badges!!!!!!! Maybe next month will have to do with a new badge (15, 20)? You tell me...Congrats on meeting your goal and doing the right stuff too!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Alright!!! 10 lbs, Congrats! Over the years I have tried many fads to get off that amount quickly. It never stayed off & and I gained back more. Slow & steady helps ensure that you will keep it off!

Lynn said...

GOOD JOB!! 10 pounds is a huge milestone. I remember it took forever for me to get rid of those first 10 pounds, but my losses sped up quite a bit afterwards.

Hope you figure it out, and great going with the stick-to-it-iveness.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on the 10 pounds gone! That's very cool. I'm an extremely slow loser, so I can totally relate to that. I am enjoying the healthier me, too.
The Path to Health

Holly said...

Woohoo! 10 pounds!! Congrats :) Are you giving yourself a reward?

Brightcetera said...

Hi Manuela! Way to go on your 10 lbs loss!
The weather is soooo nice here today, isn't it? Gardening weather is finally here!

Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations on your 10 pound badge!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the badge!

R.Shack said...

Yay! You're doing great!!!

Congrats!

Heather said...

congrats that is wonderful! keep it up and you will meet your next goal soon. those pounds definitely all add up in the end.

Ready Maid said...

WAHOO!!! I'm SO excited for you, Manuela. And thanks so much for all the kind comments you've left over at Ready Maid. You rock!

Irish Mom said...

Awesome for you!! You should enjoy your healthy lifestyle!! I hear ya about the 1 pound, but they do add up (slowly but surely!!)

MB said...

Congrats! One pound at a time!

The sun is shining here.

Thanks again for your thoughful comments. If you decide to come kick my *ss it might be a shorter trip for you to VT than Boston :)

Hanlie said...

Well done! Don't worry about the pace of your weight loss... You don't have to be thin by summer, just thinner!

Diana Swallow said...

Wooohooo!! You're off to a great start. Great job with the C25K, you'll be running those 5k in no time at all.