Saturday, April 26, 2008

I DID IT!


Well, it's 11:45 and it still isn't raining. It's quite a bit cooler and is supposed to be dropping 20 degrees by Monday. YIKES! Especially since it got to 82 yesterday. Now, you may be surprised to hear me say this but I'm okay with that. My neck of the woods is notorious for short springs that turn into hot, humid summers almost overnight. So, we'll get to enjoy the spring blooms for a bit longer.

I really enjoyed Patti's post on Friday about favourite spring flowers. It's too hard to choose so I'll start with an early summer favourite--the wisteria. I have one at the end of my garden and it looks to be loaded with blooms. I found the above picture while searching the net and loved it. I'll take pictures of mine when they bloom. It's such a romantic looking flower and the fragrance is lovely (the above and mine are Japanese which has huge blooms as opposed to the Chinese and a stronger fragrance).

Now, you may be wondering what it is that "I DID". I ran day 3 of week 5 without stopping once! That, if you don't know is 20 minutes! I have to thank Happy Blog Chick for sending me the link to the post she did after running hers. I can't believe that we both felt the same way. When I read that it was 20 minutes with no running, the first thing I said to myself was "I can't do that". Why is it that so many of us say we "can't" rather than "I think I can"? The worst that can happen is that you don't finish it or have to change it up a bit.

What helped me complete it? I had my MP3 player with me. I played "Life In Cartoon Motion" by Mika (highly recommend it for the fun, bouncy tunes with a few slower ones thrown into the mix). I did NOT look at my watch until I had run what seemed like a good long distance. When I finally looked, I had run 13 minutes! It's very windy so I had to run with the wind (had to add an extra 25 minutes of walking back against the wind!)

So, when you think you can't do something just tell yourself YES I CAN! And I'll dedicate "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" from Mika. Download it--you'll love it. It has a very positive message.

Enjoy your weekends ladies and I'll be back on Tuesday!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing pix of your wisteria when they bloom! It must be lovely to have a garden. Congrats on your run! 20mins ... WOW! Believing I can & reading the blogs of others who reinforce that positive message, gets me through the week! Way to Go!

Susie said...

I am so envious of your gardening abilities!!! No..more impressed, I mean! I don't know "Mika" but will check it out..hey if it helped you run for 20 mins w/out stopping...sounds like something special. Great job ! YOU DID IT! LOVE YOUR ENTHUSIASM and determination.
See ya Tuesday!!

Susie said...

Diet Coke and a pizza please....curves in all the right places..DL-ing it. Thanx! He sounds like Queen..like it!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Yaay for a great run!!

My trainer sometimes asks me, "Do you think you can do it?" My answer is always, "I have no idea, but I do know I can try." And it's usually followed by, "Stand back, it might not be pretty." :)

Diana Swallow said...

Wooohooo!!! Once I'm down 100 more pounds I"m starting the C25K program too, I keep finding so many people doing it who inspire me, you're doing fabulous!

Erin said...

I sooo need to do the couch to 5k, but it will be once I'm around 200lbs! By then hopefully I'll be able to jog for a good portion of time! Hope you had a great weekend!

RunningNan said...

AAAH... yes... Dreaded week five day 3... I remember that so well... What I remember most is the powerful feeling I had after it! Way to go!

Ready Maid said...

Beautiful wisteria. Thanks for sharing.

Add my cheers to those that applaud your 20 minutes of running. Seems like a lot of us are using C25K to reinforce the litte-engine-that-could mentality in ourselves.

Thanks for your inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! =0

Anonymous said...

That is a really pretty picture you downloaded. I just love flowers. In the past couple of years I have become really fond of tulips but can't grown them here in Florida :(. Oh well.

Congrats on the run. That is super! That's for the motivation to get to the gym tonight. I also want to try the couch to 5k when I am down to probably 230.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on doing your run without needing a break. That's some accomplishment.

Grumpy Chair said...

My parents had a wisteria that kind of went crazy and wrapped around some trees - killing them. They are beautiful.

Congratulations on a non-stop 20 minute run! Way to go!

Grace Acres said...

I f that is a picture of your wisteria I am so jealous and need your green thumb advice on flowers. That is amazing.