Sunday, April 6, 2008

Good Day Sunshine!


Lucky Windsor! Yesterday and today are beautiful days and bring on spring fever! Unseasonably warm, the weather channel says (60), but I'll take it. A few days ago, Mr. Cardinal stopped by. Last summer was filled with his beautiful singing. This year, he's brought the Mrs. with him! Isn't it amazing that in nature the female of the species tends to be drab while the male is the colourful one? She had tinges of red but not the vibrancy of the Mr.

TOM came by yesterday morning, right on schedule, might I add. I barely felt the usual pre-symptoms and think it's because of the exercise and better eating. Day 2 is usually worse (I feel like I swallowed a lake :) but the scale says I'm the same, yippee. I was worried there for a bit and thought I'd keep track of this month to see if the usual 2-5 comes on. Tuesday morning should be VERY INTERESTING!

Thanks for the well wishes (my pulled muscle feels much better) and for the support on the 10 pound April challenge. Cammy said it right--do I have what it takes to do what is needed? Them's fightin' words, Miss Cammy and I promise right now to do what it takes. YEE HAW!

Enjoy your Sunday and may it be as beautiful and serene in your part of the world as it is in mine.

7 comments:

Erin said...

That bird is beautiful, I haven't seen any here yet, but it's only a matter of time.

I'm with you on your ten pound challenge, I will be losing ten pounds in April!!!!!

Hanlie said...

That's a beautiful bird... I've never seen anything like that here.

You can do 10 pounds in one month! I'll cheer you on!

Chubby Chick said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the nice spring weather. And I love the pic! I love bird-watching, and cardinals are some of my favorite birds. They're just so bright and pretty!

Good luck with the challenge! You can do it! :)

Susie said...

Ok--we got Erin also!What should we call our challenge? Maybe I can make a badge..I just sort of learned how (I put one on my motivation page). How fun!!! This HYC gets better all the time! We had 2 gorgeous days too!! It was so nice to have the windows open--air out--get fresh air. Everyone was outside.. talk about CABIN FEVER !!So glad you're feeling better!! Enjoy the weather and the beauty of nature :)..It's going to be a good week for us..I know it!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

What a beautiful bird!

I love when a gauntlet is picked up so gracefully! Well done! You are going to have a FANTASTIC month!

Unknown said...

I am there with you on the challenge. The last few months have been rocky for me. Ten pounds this month!!!! Someone dare me! :P

Take One Stripper Pole said...

So glad to hear the muscle is on the mend and that spring seems to have arrived! :)