Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Goal Setting



Don't you all LOVE my pretty badge? Thanks to Susie and her creativity and also to Erin for joining us in our "mini challenge".

Well, I can tell you all that I'm excited about this month. It's another gorgeous day (albeit windier) but it's sunny and warm. I was going through my closet (spring cleaning--I love it) and thinking that I need to do a major cleanout. When I first lost the weight I went on a mad shopping spree. Now I realize that a few essential pieces are all that's needed.

But, that being said, I'm a sucker for pretty dresses. I must have at LEAST 10 summer dresses that I didn't fit into last year so, another goal is to get into at least half of those by July (they are size 8's, yikes!)

I have to say that I'm doing pretty well with A.P.R.I.L. Along with everything there, these are the things I need to achieve by the summer.

MINI GOALS

1. 2 lbs. to go before my 10 pounds gone badge.

2. 5 lbs. to go before I'm at the weight when I left my job last July.

3. 20 lbs. before I get to the weight I was in Italy 2 years ago.

4. 25 lbs. to reach my perfect weight as determined by me and my WW leader (who was a great gal!)

5. Maintain for life and NOT allow the next stressor or mini crisis to get me reaching for the food.

It's a lot but I know that I can do it--so can all of you who have set goals for yourselves :)

And Susie, you bet your bootie that you can use last week's numbers. Hey, that was the first week of April as far as I'm concerned ;) And, I'll be using the last few days of April as another week (I think a little leeway is fine in this challenge, don't you?)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not that far from your long term goals. Keep going and you can do it.

Erin said...

I'm glad to be in this mini-challenge with you! I know we can do this, you have come so far already. I can't wait to be fitting into size 8!

Erin said...

P.S. I tagged pole lady (http://takeonestripperpole.blogspot.com/2008/04/gauntlet-has-been-thrown.html)
and Saucha girl (http://mybodyforlife2008.blogspot.com/)
to be the next for Q/A...so go ask them some totally awesome questions!!!!

Anonymous said...

great goals... and I love your badge!! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your goals. I know you will achieve them! Great badge!

Felicia said...

Awesome goals!! Best wishes to you on your mini challenge! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

*huggles*
=0)

Ready Maid said...

Love, love, love the April badge. I'm feeding off your excitement for the challenge and your enthusiasm for summer dresses.

ONe of my goals is to be fit and tan in time for the 2008 holiday social season, when I am visualizing myself in a beautiful new formal which shows my arms!! DH has agreed to take ballroom dancing lessons with me so that we can make lovely memories at the holiday parties.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

How wonderful to have these milestones to check off as you make your way into those size 8's! You're right; you CAN do these! Probably with one hand tied behind your back! :) (Okay, maybe save that for May.)

Susie said...

you are doing great! I like those little milesmarkers that you set uo..mind if I "borrow " that I idea. I can't wait to see that 10lbs gone badge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana Swallow said...

Do you have Target near you? Nancy from Running from the Pudge really likes the C9 by Champion line they carry there, it has something called Duo Dry which is the wicking thing. Unfortunately they don't carry my size.

I think your goals are GREAT!!

Ready Maid said...

(Yep, I'm the manager of a string quartet, and I also book other musicians.)
Thanks for asking.
Rebecca

Grace Acres said...

I started doing a food log at the beginning of this year and it has really helped me, cute blog.

Anonymous said...

I love the mini goals...I think I should probably do that again to get my head in the right place! Thanks for reminding me to get my butt in gear. You are doing great!