Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday Check-In #7


I'm sick. I think it started on my second Couch to 5k run, week 2. I did it outside and although it wasn't too cold, there was a nasty wind. I barely finished that run and when I got home was already feeling the effects. By the next day it was a little worse. Easter Sunday wasn't much fun, both my mother and myself coughing up one lung at a time!

Needless to say I didn't think I'd have much luck with the scale. I managed to squeeze in my final run but did very little else in the exercise department. I was very good about journalling and was pleasantly surprised to see that I'm down a pound. I guess all that coughing must have burned some extra calories!

I need to start week 3 of my running program today but that's up in the air right now. Hopefully I'll be better this afternoon. I hope that everyone else had a good week and I'll be checking up on your posts throughout the day. Gesundheit!

Wednesday note: Well, I thought I was starting Week 3 but looks like I doubled up on Week 1! OOPS!! No worries, I did day 1 of Week 2 a little while ago. My cough is still troublesome but I squeaked through it. My days will be a bit off now but that's okay. Thanks for the positive thoughts and I hope that I'll be 100% soon!

14 comments:

Felicia said...

ROFLMAO What the heck is that picture? Its cute? lol but to funny.

Sorry to hear you are sick! That is SO going around. I am still trying to kick my own cold. It just hangggggggggggggs on *sigh*.

Feel better soon ok!!

Have a wonderful week!
*huggles*
=0)

Anonymous said...

I love that picture too!

Sorry you are sick.
Congrats on the weight loss.
And I'm so impressed about the c25k.....it's needs to go on my bucket list. I keep thinking I need to lose a bit more weight before I tackle it - because of knee issues and all - but I love hearing about all the people that do it.

Keep up the great work!

Holly said...

Sorry to hear you are sick! I've had a cold that just won't let go... Congrats on the loss though!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. It's not any fun to be side tracked when you're getting on a roll in the exercise department.

MB said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Sorry to hear you got bit by the bug going around. Keep the fluids flowing and get yourself some Nyquil.

Grumpy Chair said...

I hope you begin to feel better soon! You can always repeat a week of training for the C25K.

Chicken soup, tissues and TLC should help.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congrats on your weight loss, but it's too bad you're feeling so poorly! Here's wishing you healthier days ahead

Heather said...

sorry you are sick, but I give you so much credit for still going out on that run. you are devoted!!

Hanlie said...

Feel better soon and look after yourself!

Erin said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I've added yours to my list.

I think the ICK has touched everyone in bloggy land. But major kudos to you for getting some excersize in.

Still considering the C25K here, but I think I'm going to wait a little while to start that, Right now I just need to get used to walking fast! Then hopefully jogging.

Erin
http://marriedsinglemomof3.blogspot.com/

Susie said...

I hope you feel better!!!!!! Take it easy..have some tea with honey. I am sorry you feel yucky. Great job on losing though..there is something to be said for food journaling..you are proof!! Take care of yourself and your mom.

Carol said...

I hope you feel better. And hey, 1 lb isn't bad at all. :)

I like your green fuzzy picture. :)

Take care,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Get well soon and take it easy!! ;)

R.Shack said...

lol i do love that neil diamond song... the twins i nanny for are obsessed with him and can sing all his 'greatest hits' lol

i hope you're better!!!