Monday, March 31, 2008

April Fool's!



Hope everybody's having a good April 1. Is it lucky to have a check-in for HYC on April Fool's? Well, for check-in #8, I'm glad that I'm down a pound considering I only exercised for 1 day! But, I was good about journalling so I avoided any mishaps due to my feeling ill. I've still got a nasty cough but HOPE that it won't last much longer. Thanks to all for wishing me a speedy recovery :)

I was thrilled to see my tulips coming up. It was warmer today and it's been raining for a bit. I'll take April showers any day to get those May flowers blooming. I want to get to the gym this morning to do a BodyPump class. I've been good about cardio but need to focus more on some weight training. I can't wait for warmer weather. I also started WEEK 2 of the Couch to 5K. Should be interesting.

In celebration of April Fool's, I came across an interesting website--Museum of Hoaxes . There's some good information about the history of the day and also a listing of top hoaxes played around the world.

Have a great day and here's to a brand, spanking new month. My goal is to lose 10 pounds this month but I will be happy with any loss. Cheers!

13 comments:

Hanlie said...

Happy April Fool's Day! Well done on the loss!

Susie said...

Hello! I was getting worried about you..Hadn't seen you in a while! I like your goal for April! Put me down for 10 too!! Time to get serious. Have a great workout and good job on the loss. I am heading to the gym in the am too. Good workout vibes from me to you!Enjoy your tulips :)

Erin said...

I was hoping we'd get a picture of your tulips. Thats ok, they are beautiful in my head. Way to go on the loss!

Erin
P.S. Cammy over at http://tippytoediet.com/ is having a question/answer session open to anyone. Head on over to her blog and ask a question. Then I will have a q/a and I will pass it along!

briy said...

Hi there! Congratulations on your loss!

My goal for March was 10 pounds, and I JUST made it, but it was an awesome feeling. I feel like I really kick-started myself. It was also the month I started Couch to 5k, so you never know...

Good luck with week 2! :)
Take care!
~briy

Felicia said...

Congrats on your loss!! That is WONDERFUL!!!

The tulips are coming up here also. The wild onions are all over the place and I have even seen buds on the trees and roses (ack but I dont want them there yet *sigh* hopefully they wont get frost bit). Spring is coming lol just taking its sweet time these days.

Have a SUPER day!
*huggles*
=0)

Anonymous said...

Happy April Fool's Day!

I think it's funny that sometimes, we can totally be on point and not lose a penny, or even gain.

Yet, we can be totally off the wagon and still show a weight loss.

I don't get it.

But that's a good thing I guess.

Le Butterfly said...

Congrats on the weightloss. Good luck with the training this week.

Its the beginning of Autumn here in South Africa.

Holly said...

I'm glad it's starting to seem more like spring where you are.. we, however, once again have snow on the ground. Will it ever end?? Anyways, congrats on the loss and I'm joining you on the 10lb wagon for April! (PS Glad you are feeling better!)

Heather said...

congrats on your pound, I think its great!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Yaay for tulips! They make any day brighter. An extra pound gone FOREVER helps, too! Congrats!

Take care of that cough! We want you healthy and whole!

MB said...

Spring is in the air and I hope to take off 10 in April too.

Thanks for your comment and great advice. I have tried WW and agree it is much easier getting to the gym or out for a walk when you have someone to go with. I hated the WW meetings but maybe I should give it another try and find a different location.

Seeing success like yours gives me strength to keep trying and not give up. Thanks for the inspiration.


I

Pattie said...

And cheers to you! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that you make your goal this month. It sure sounds like you're working darn hard at it. Way to go!

PS - I loved the cartoon! Thanks for the giggle!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your loss (I love saying that, so much better than I am sorry for your loss). I hope you feel better soon AND... have a great week! Good luck on meeting your APril goal... I am sure you can do it!