Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday Check-In #3

I'm exhausted! I just spent 1 1/2 hours shovelling approx. 4 inches of heavy snow from my driveway. I am so ready for spring! This winter just doesn't seem to want to end. I know that in my part of the world we'd been lucky with our winters the last few years. This one has been more like those when I was growing up.

Okay, enough about the weather and on to the Healthy "Me" Challenge. I have to be honest and say that I haven't really been serious up until last week. I've been reading all about everyone's challenges and triumphs without really doing much for myself.

So, I thought about what had made me successful in the past and what may have been hurting me these last few months. I realized that journalling is very important. I thought it would be easy to keep track of all I eat throughout the day--I don't need to write things down anymore! Well, Yes I Do! Only then did I realize I'd been kidding myself. This week I was faithful to my little binder and, DRUMROLL PLEASE...I'm down 2 pounds. It is amazing how much you can achieve when you make yourself accountable.

Another thing I have been in denial about is the fact that I too have become a scale junkie. When I first lost all that weight at WW, I did not own a scale. My WI's were once a week. I am now determined to stand on that "thing" every Saturday just as when I went to my meetings. What a slave I've been! I think that my poor scale needs a breather for awhile.

1. Journalling is key to making the right choices.
2. Give the scale a break!

Thanks for all the great stories, ups and downs, recipes and support. Until next week...the battle continues.

14 comments:

Hanlie said...

Well done on the loss! You're doing great!

Felicia said...

WOO HOO congrats on your loss! Keep up the amazing work!

Have a SUPER day!
*huggles*
=0)

Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations on the 2 pound drop! I like to go back and read what worked for me in the past - and try to forget about the "new" things that aren't working.

But in the long run as you say, "being accountable to yourself" is probably the key ingredient.

Tori Leslie said...

Hey I heard that Canada was going to get it, guess you did.

Very nice to meet you. I have a friend here is Croatia named Manuela too. Cool huh? Slavic people have a special place in my heart.

Thanks so much for coming to my blog and commenting, Looking forward to reading more! °Ü°

Brightcetera said...

Good going on pulling together the tools that made you successful in the past. Congratulations on the 2
lbs gone!
Journalling is definitely valuable to see where you stand...and standing on the scale is only valuable when used within reason. I'm turning into a scale junkie too and it's not doing me any good.
I bought myself a small Toro snowthrower at Costco 2 winters ago for the heavy stuff like today. It works like a charm and hardly weighs anything. I still shovel the lighter stuff, though.
I know shovelling is a good workout but I'm getting to that age where I don't want to hurt myself.
So, someone helped you out with Photobucket? Was it easy?

HappyBlogChick said...

Wow, I bet all the shoveling = some activity points for you!

Congrats on the loss! That journaling ... it helps! I do so much better when I journal, too.

Way to get back to it!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oh, excellent work this week! Congrats on your 2-lb reward!

Susie said...

I am with you --on all of it--I shoveled a WHOLE bunch today!!and yes journaling is just SOOOOO helpful--with planning and staying OP.
Congrats on the 2 lb loss.!

Heather said...

thanks so much for visiting my blog! congrats with your loss this week, its great!

I hear you about the snow..Im so sick of shoveling snow!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on your loss! Journaling has really helped me keep better track of what I've been eating.
Path to Health

Nicole said...

I journal, too. In fact, it's become such a habit that I get antsy if I don't write down what I ate as soon as I can. Frankly, that's fine with me. At least it keeps me honest. :)

Congrats on the loss. It feels great to be rewarded for hard work.

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on the loss! That is great!

(I answered your Photobucket question/comment in the comments section of my blog.)

:)

Chubby Chick said...

Manuela, I managed to lose your email address. Sorry! Email me at gottalose200pounds@yahoo.com, and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Thanks,
C.C.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your loss!! ; )