Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 1


Well, March came in like a lion. More shovelling was in store for us as we got up this morning. Fortunately, it's a bright sunny day and warmer than it has been.


I just wanted to share that I did not get the job I had the interview for last week. I was a little disappointed because I know it's the kind of job that I could easily do but, I'm also a bit relieved because it's not something I really WANTED to do. It's like the guy you start to see after a major relationship ends and just before a new one starts!


I'm glad that I started the Healthy You Challenge because there is definitely room for a lot of improvement there but now I have a different challenge to add to that one--finding a job I really love. How fantastic it must be for people to get up in the morning and look forward to the day ahead! That is what I want for myself and anyone else out there.


Thanks for the support and until Tuesday check-in, have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Brightcetera said...

When one door closes...
I'm sorry you didn't get it but I agree, it most definitely a plus if you can't wait to get out of bed to go to a job you love.
Lori S. said there was an ad in today's paper for assistant librarian. Did you see it? Would that interest you?

Manuela said...

I did see it--it's the same one I applied for here in Tecumseh. Today's was for Leamington. I may just go in and hand in my resume again.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Ah, I'm sorry, Manuela, but I can't help but believe something better is waiting just around the corner! Good luck!

Carol said...

You'll get one you love - hang in there. It's interesting that you equated getting a job you really didn't want with an 'in between' guy you really don't like. hahaha That's funny! :)

Unknown said...

You mean people do actually look forward to going to work in the morning? I haven't been there in a long, long time.

Be glad you didn't get the job if it is something you really did not want to do. It's a blessing in disguise. Good luck in your search!