Monday, May 17, 2010

First Clematis

We've been lucky enough to get a few sunny days in a row here in Windsor. My tulips and daffodils are finished for the season and next up are the clematis and peonies! The top clematis is Josephine. There's a bit of schmutz on her as this photo was taken after the rain.
This one never fails to deliver on big, beautiful blooms. Only thing is that I can't remember its name! Somewhere, I have all my tags so I'll be sure to look it up. I still have two peonies in that back that need to bloom. Hope you're having a wonderful day (we're up for more rain over the next 2 days!)

8 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Even with schmutz on her, she's very pretty. :D

I have 4 clematis but none are blooming yet.

It looks like rain is coming our way this afternoon.
Another good day for reading and putzing around the house.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Beautiful! One of the benefits to riding my bike in the suburbs is that lots of my neighbors have clematis on their mailboxes. Such a treat for the weary cyclist! :)

GP @ ABloominBlog said...

Love your blog! Will be back.

Natalia said...

Beautiful flowers! I LOVE Peonies! I wish they grew here in FL, they are just lovely!

Aud said...

It's a very beautiful Clematis.

Brightcetera said...

re: your ? about where I walked ...
There's a path through a small woods beside the Place Concorde that's nice and quiet for a quick walk. Not too many people even know about it.

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

When I saw your name on another blogs post I had to come see! It's so unusual to meet another Manuela!

Beautiful blooms!

Manuela

dining room tables said...

Beautiful! My flowers are not yet still in bloom! I hope mine will be as same as yours.