Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Birthday Already?

It's been a crazy few weeks. I came down with strep throat for the second time this winter (even though my doctor said that shouldn't happen after you've taken antibiotics!) and have been trying to kick this sore throat for over 2 weeks now. The strep is gone but the pain lives on!

I've been busy with my tutoring and those boys have made it hard for me NOT to raise my poor voice--such is life. I also started taking a course which will allow me to teach senior English at the highschool level. It is proving to be exhausting.

Tomorrow is my birthday, 42! and I'll be celebrating with friends over the next few days. I realize how fortunate I am to have them in my life and look forward to the new year to celebrate them too :)

Hoping that you're all well in your own worlds and that I can visit with you all soon at your blogs!



9 comments:

MB said...

Happy Birthday! You are right on my heels (I turned 42 in July).

I'll be raising a glass in your honor - CHEERS!

Hope your throat feels better soon.

P.S. Love the snowy background. I use the same one for my snowmobile blog (vtriders[dot]blogspot[dot]com)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope it's the BEST one EVER!

sybil said...

Happy Birthday! Here's wishing you a wonderful tranquil year 2010.

She-Fit said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great day.

Susie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Honey! Sorry I am late..ya know how it gets..I hope you feel beter soon!! Get some rest. You are building up immunities and will be tough as nails when you land that teaching job. Wishing you all the best @42..I'll be joining you here soon enough! Hope ya had fun celebrating!

Shrink to Fit said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day.

rob said...

Happy Birthday Manuela. Have a great day and I hope you feel better soon.

JC said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it was wonderful!!

WWSuzi said...

Happy Birthday!! You're only getting better :)