Friday, May 1, 2009

I Did It!

Well, yesterday was my last day of student teaching and I have to say that it went extremely well. My final evaluation from both my advisor and associate were glowing to say the least.

I have enjoyed teaching so much and am so excited about my future, despite the lack of jobs, etc. I am so thrilled to have had the opportunity of going back and doing what I want to do! My advice is to not hold back from anything and don't let excuses stop you from going for your dreams.

It's a beautiful sunny spring day. I'm going to be spending my free time looking for a job, volunteering, and gardening. Oh, and I almost forgot, I'll be getting back to my fitness regimen. Too long between workouts and exercise! Hope that you all can do what you need and/or want to do also.

Convocation is in June so I'll be posting some pics of myself then. Maybe even a new profile photo ;) I'll be visiting you all soon!

9 comments:

Hanlie said...

Congratulations! I knew you'd do well! Am looking forward to the pictures...

You're right - we shouldn't let ourselves be held back by fear or lack of confidence.

SL said...

I'm so excited that you took us along on your journey to change careers. I'm so excited for you and like Hanlie, knew you'd do well! Can't wait to see/hear about convocation (is that like graduation?). You're going to be a terrific teacher.

Shrink to Fit said...

How exciting for you! Doing what your heart desires! Can't wait to see the pics.

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats! You should be so proud of yourself! What a wonderful accomplishment! :)

sybil said...

Great job! It seems like only yesterday when you started this journey. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we have a vision and take steps toward that vision.

I'm proud of you!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad it's everything you hoped it would be!

Big Girl said...

That's a beautiful picture.

And yes, we shouldn't let things stop us from persuing our dreams.

Happy Spring!

JC said...

I'm so happy for you. You will have a job in no time. I'm looking forward to seeing new pictures. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

tas said...

Congratulations! i just love a story with a happy ending and a new beginning all wrapped up in one! how wonderful!