Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Exercise Hurts!

Oh boy, I forgot how sore things get when they aren't used! I tried for a run yesterday but just barely managed 25 minutes--I ended up walking for the most part. I think part of the problem is that I need new shoes. I just hate getting new shoes! I did notice in a flyer today, that Adidas are on sale at a sports store so I'll check them out later.

So, I'm sore but don't want to lose my momentum. It's a bit overcast but warm so, back on my bike and then weights in the afternoon. Do you find as you get older it gets harder to bounce back? You'd think I would learn that I shouldn't stop!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday :)

8 comments:

Hanlie said...

I know! I stopped too and now I'm struggling to talk myself into getting back in the saddle... I want to exercise, I just don't want to start! Well done for at least starting - you'll be back up to speed in no time!

Big Girl said...

Good for you for starting. You are right, the older you get the longer the recovery/bounce back time is. I guess the trick is just don't stop.

Happy Wednesday to you too.

MB said...

I love the spring flowers pic.

The older I get the harder it is to bounce at all.

Keep the momentum going ...

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on getting back out there. And great job on the teaching thing! :-)
Path to Health

Miz said...

I do find that it is WAY harder for me to bounce back now.
and, in a way, that's my motivation :)
Im afraid to quit entirely as I mightcould never restart.
HOWEVER, your muscles may be sore but they have memory.
youre gonna bounce back QUICLY even if it doesnt feel that way!!

Natalia said...

Manuela I'm learning that lesson too! I haven't been away for too long, but long enough that I have gone backwards! Oh well, we're back now and that's all that matters!

JC said...

Love that picture. You are so right you just should not stop. That is my problem, I stop and start and I've been around long enough to know better. HA!

Chubby Chick said...

Get yourself some new shoes, girl! hehe

What a beautiful pic!