Saturday, March 21, 2009

Read All About It! Weight Loss Secret Right Here!

Surprised to see a headline like this from me? Well, don't be surprised any longer! I lost 10 pounds in two days and you can too. What's my secret? Well, here it is but you may not be brave enough to try it.

For me, it started with a slight sense of nausea on Wednesday night which quickly turned into an evening with my head in the toilet. You really get a workout jumping from your bed to the toilet 4 times in one night.

Then, spend Thursday doing the same thing with only liquids for nourishment (best thing is even they won't stay down for long). Friday is a little bit like Thursday but now you've managed to eat a piece of dry toast with tea. Saturday morning you have toast and ginger ale for breakfast but now you've taken a chance and eaten a piece of cheese with it--Good Luck! Maybe it will stay down this time!

I joke only because I do feel a bit more human. Getting a NASTY case of the stomach flu is definitely not the way to lose 10 pounds and it wasn't easy. I'm just glad that it hit me after class and before my final placement.

Here's hoping that everyone else is having a better weekend!

12 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Hope you feel better quickly!!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

But did you remember to hold your abs tight while you were hurling?

:) :)

Hope you're feeling better! NOT a good way to usher in a weekend!

Hanlie said...

Oh dear! You're right, I'll gladly skip that method!

Hope you get better soon...

JC said...

That's o.k. I'd rather do my losing the turtle way (slowly). Hey, glad to see you were able to get out for a run or two this week. Way to go.

RunningNan said...

Im so glad you are feeling better!

Shrink to Fit said...

How awful! I hope you are feeling better now!

MB said...

That secret always works but it isn't the best way to get rid of those pounds.

Hope you are feeling better by now.

tas said...

Yikes! What an ordeal. Definately NOT the way to drop some pounds. Glad you are feeling better!
Good luck on the job search. i'm sure something wonderful will turn up. i so appreciate your positive attitude. thanks for the example!

Anonymous said...

Well...that's a weight loss tip I WONT be trying.

I really hope you feel better.

stella said...

omg that's horrible!!! i [somewhat] feel your pain...i have a wicked sinus infection or something but yesterday it affected my stomach too...i was starving but i was way too nauseous to eat until i finally forced myself to eat some soup because i could tell i was going to pass out if i didn't eat. wahhhh!!!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Hope you are feeling lots better now.
Path to Health

Big Girl said...

sorry to hear you were sick.. i hope you're all better now.