Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Bring Back that Losin' Feelin'"

Okay, before you say "that's not how it goes" I'll say I know, I know. But, substitute "losin'" for "lovin'" in the classic by the Righteous Brothers and that's how I feel. Did anyone else have a terrific summer but as soon as the weather got a little colder the energy from working out and eating healthy started to go by the wayside?

I've been stuck in this rut since I went back to school and need to shake the Hallowe'en cobwebs off! Starting today I have a new month to get back on my exercise routine. I can't remember the last time I had a salad!!!!

So, my goal from now until Christmas is to lose the original 11 pounds I had to lose (along with the 5 pesky new ones :( No more fooling around! My birthday is January 17 and I want to wear something new that isn't double digits anymore.

How about you? Most of my blogger friends continue to amaze me with their continued successes but I miss the ones I don't see as often anymore. Let's kick it up a notch and do this thing already. Are you with me?

Today's exercise: Gardening, Pilates with weights

*BTW, don't you just love this picture? I've been wanting to use it for some time now and think it fits the mood!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Id love to be yer cheertasker!

lovingly prodding you onward :) and you can feel free to nag me about crosstraining.

alot :)

Miz.

RunningNan said...

Good for you! It's hard when life catches up with you. I'm back in the saddle after the dreaded 6 weeks off with that kidney stone. I can't believe how that little thing threw me so off. Luckily, it killed my appetite, and I didn't gain anything. Now I'm coming off of BC after 10 years and I'm going to see if that makes a difference!

I'll be here to cheer you on!

Anonymous said...

This is the time of year I find it easier to lose, because I'm out of doors more in the nicer weather. I think if I were a little farther south I'd lose further into winter as well. Once it starts getting cold, then I hibernate. Usually with food and tv. (not good!)

ptg said...

Oh, I'm with ya girl! I've been slacking for the past month - overall weight loss for the past 5 or 6 weeks has been one measly pound. Gah!

So I'm getting back on track...I want to be another 5lb down by Turkey Day!

Donnalouise said...

I've been in a less motivated mood lately - but maybe because I feel tired of working so hard at losing every pound. Still on the wwagon though - just maybe peddling a little slower, but I'll get there and so will you. :)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Yep, it's time to dig in.

hey, we should get little gold or silver shovel charms. :)

I'll be here with my pom-poms! Goooo, Manuela!

kikimonster said...

Hey! Getting back on track is 80% of the battle. Lucky for me, I was able to get over that hump in September/October and am now back on track. However, with Thanksgiving break two and a half weeks away for me (I know, I'm so lucky), I'm starting to dream of pumpkin roll, apple pie... Starbucks White Chocolate Mochas. I'll stop. We're getting WAY off track, and the point is to get back on :)

Take One Stripper Pole said...

I am digging back in too! Love the new background ... went and got one myself. :)

Anonymous said...

I've been stuck too girly. 5 weeks and I have been nearly the same weight, no matter how hard I seem to work. Its so damned frustrating.

nonizamboni said...

I LOVE this illustration!!
And I'm so glad you enjoyed Nick Cave--I'm so jealous.
Glad you're back and good luck with those lbs. I know what you mean...
Happy week!

Big Girl said...

yes, I do love that picture.

good luck with your new goals and getting that motivation back.

JC said...

Love the picture. Thanks for the encouragement.

Natalia said...

I'm with ya sista! I've lost and gained the same freakin 2 lbs the whole month of October. Not sure what happened! But I'll cheer for you if you cheer for me?!

Hanlie said...

Yes we can! So let's!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new resolve! I am struggling just to walk everyday. Lord do I need to get moving!

Diana Swallow said...

I'm with you! I did so good for a long stretch over the summer and then October came and my head exploded...actually it was my stomach and ass that exploded but you get my meaning.

I'm forcing myself to stick to some sort of program or plan because I refuse to leave this year heavier than I started.

Anonymous said...

Great goal! Enjoy the weekend!

Lynn said...

The EXACT same thing happened to me. The summer was great! Then, the cold weather moved in and I didn't slow down, I came to a screeching halt! I'm with you, let's get losing again! I need too badly.