Monday, July 21, 2008

Who You Gonna Call?

It's been a good week. Did my exercising, I'm down a half pound but--know what? It could have been much better. Why you ask? Well, I've had a few nights where for some reason I couldn't stop eating. I haven't done that in a long time and I've just been trying to figure out why it happened 2 nights last week. It may be hormones (next week, yippee for girls!) but I think it was boredom more than anything. It was hot,humid and I felt like doing nothing! Except eat far too much!

Now, I usually can have an ice cream treat or something sweet and be satisfied. It's just mind over matter, I KNOW THAT! But Thursday, one Reese's pb ice cream bar was followed by some tortilla chips (with flax, yeah, that makes a difference!) and dip (have you ever had the asiago with artichoke or is that just here in Canada?) then another ice cream bar. All the time I knew this was crazy! but did it anyway. A similar thing happened Saturday night.

What do you do when things get a bit crazy? Katschi threw her ice cream bars out (I have a brother so no need for that). I think that I have to forcefully remind myself that I don't NEED 2 bars and one is sufficient. I have learned not to buy something with a large quantity just because it's on special so that is something!

Getting rid of unwanted food reminded me of a hilarious episode of "Seinfeld" (one of THE funniest shows ever!) Elaine opened up a muffin shop that only sold the tops (the best part of course!) but, what to do with the stumps? Call in The Cleaner! Enjoy the clip, it's short.

21 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Hi-larious! That's EXACTLY who I needed!
Hey, I love the new decorating you've been doing around here. Looks fab.
I baked your Blueberry Oat Muffins today...come see the pic. I haven't eaten one yet but they look & SMELL so good!

Manuela said...

Thanks! I wanted something different to look at and noticed the link on another blog--think they are called "cutest blog".

They have some pretty ones but I liked this because of the colours and it wasn't too busy.

Pattie said...

Great clip! My favorite episode is still The Master of My Domain. :-)

I wonder where those fits of eating come from? I haven’t had one in a few weeks now, but they do kind of hit out of the blue, don’t they? I guess the trick is to stop it at one evening, so it doesn’t go on the next day and the next and the next...

Manuela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manuela said...

I would love to know where they come from but I'll obviously have to deal better with them. I usually don't do it that often but...?

That's a great episode but I'd hate to choose a favourite--there are just too many (except the last year which was just reaching for jokes)

WWSuzi said...

:) i always give my extra's to the hubby who is more than happy to take them from me!!

Lynn said...

I too seem to be afflicted with the cant-stop-eatings lately. It's frustrating, isn't it!? I hope that you are able to regroup soon. I am working on it myself.

Irish Mom said...

Too funny!! No way i could pick a favorite either, they are all classic in their own right!!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Perfect clip! I love 'The Master of My Doman' or the one I always think of as the Vandalay Industries! episode. :)

I've been having Nibbly Days, too. The only thing that saves me is I don't have any high-calorie food in the house. So my nibbles were a peach, a tomato, a sugar free fudge bar, a sugar free pudding and a piece of lowfat cheese. :)
I do have some Hershey's Chocolate Stix in the cupboard, but the box doesn't get opened until Nibbly Days are past.

Donnalouise said...

I am on a laughing cow chees and crackers nibbly month! I can't just eat 1 or 2 wedges of cheese. I figure though it's better than donoughts!!!

i actually keep my hands busy in the evening by cross-stitch...harder to stuff food in my mouth with a needle in my hand. :)

Anonymous said...

seinfeld? I miss ye.

and your flax remark made me smile---I SO cling to those 'excuses' many a time...

Miz.

Anonymous said...

That bit made my day.

ptg said...

I, too, am another of the can't-stop-eating club. Luckily enough I can usually control it, but come that TOM...well, we all know how that goes.

Love the new blog layout. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the new look :).

You need to come back to my blog and see the comment Lynn posted in regards to your earlier comment :P

Anonymous said...

The "Gotta Eat" bug hit me too a little while back. I already learned while it cheaper to buy in bulk, I can't trust myself to behave! Thanks for the clip! I love muffin tops too!

Maggie Ann said...

Hi Manuela, That was a fun clip...and your healthy outlook is great. Just what I need... I've had way to many pieces of cake this week. Thanks for coming by and visiting me at knitting kat and leaving me a comment. A comment that talked to me..I appreciate that so much! =)

RunningNan said...

I love Reeses!

Nicole said...

Writing about it will probably help a lot. No one is "perfect" all the time. It's the regular practice of making good choices that ultimately leads to success. Have a lovely week!

tas said...

How funny! i need a CLEANER for those days when i get started on chips and queso sauce. i love stopping by here. Always a great time!
oh, one time you asked about the mission trip i went on... tasteinberger.blogspot.com to check it out.

Carole Burant said...

LOL I so remember that episode! hehe I never missed a Seinfeld episode and to this day love watching the reruns. You know, every once in a while I do the same thing you did, eating one thing after another and not being able to stop all evening! Ugh! I find when I'm bored, I eat...best to keep busy and not have time to eat! lol The problem is, even when I'm at the computer, I tend to be munching on something. I need THE CLEANER!!!! lol xoxo

Angela said...

I love Seinfeld
We are moving mid August and I told my boyfriend that we are cleaning out the pantry and not taking junk with us!!! I am actually really excited about it!!!