Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Friday


Okay, I've been tagged. I usually don't do these because they tend to be so LONG but this one is short and I would hate to crush Katschi!

So,

5 Things in your Bag
Wallet
Lip gloss
Passport
Mints
Comb

5 Things in Bedroom
Photographs
Perfume (a passion!)
Books
Lots of shoes!
Wall prints

5 Things You Have Always Wanted
A career, not a job
To travel the world (and have someone pay me to do it!)
A loving relationship with respect both ways
A bigger garden!
To play the piano (better than I do now--I know, practice!)

5 Things You're Really Into
Gardening
Travel
Taking pictures of my flowers
Exercise!
My family

There, my first tag assignment completed and it was pretty easy!

I got another cute joke in my email and I'm sure you may have read it before but it's a hoot even the second, third time around!

Three Men on a Hike

Three men were hiking through a forest when they came upon a large raging, violent river. Needing to get to the other side, the first man prayed:

'God, please give me the strength to cross the river.'

Poof! .. God gave him big arms and strong legs and he was able to swim across in about 2 hours, having almost drowned twice.

After witnessing that, the second man prayed: 'God, please give me strength and the tools to cross the river'

Poof! .. God gave him a rowboat and strong arms and strong legs and he was able to row across in about an hour after almost capsizing once.

Seeing what happened to the first two men, the third man prayed:

'God, please give me the strength, the tools and the intelligence to cross the river'

Poof!... He was turned into a woman. She checked the map, hiked one hundred yards up stream and walked across the bridge.

GO AHEAD, SEND THIS TO A WOMAN WHO NEEDS A GOOD LAUGH AND TO ANY MAN WHO CAN HANDLE IT!

'If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you!'--

*Scientific proof that the joke above may truer than we women already suspected? Check out this article http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Revealed-How-men-and-women.4296438.jp
Thanks to Sharon for sharing that.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy weekend, Manuela!

Thanks for the joke and the lovely happy smiley picture !!!

Anonymous said...

I know these are a pain to do but FUNFUNFUN for us as readers to learn more about the woman behind the words!

Miz.

Anonymous said...

I've just found out there is scientific basis for your "3 Men on a Hike Joke" -- apparently latest research suggests women are better at problem solving!

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Revealed-How-men-and-women.4296438.jp

Brightcetera said...

Thanks for doing the meme. I normally wouldn't have done it either but it was Suzi who asked me & it was short.
The joke was hilarious because it's TRUE!

Pattie said...

LOVE the joke! What a great way to start my Friday!

Your meme response about always wanting a career, not just a job, struck a chord with me. I've had those same thoughts all my life...

Anonymous said...

I love those women jokes. Very very funny.

Ranaesheart said...

Manuela ~ I tested your theory on the wonderfully funny joke and found that women definitely think it's funnier than men .. lolll Loved the smiley picture, just can't help but smile looking at that! Thanks bunches for sharing your sparkling self with us! Ranae

Chubby Chick said...

Thanks for the chuckle. lol

:)

Pattie said...

You do the Friday NY Times crossword - in ink?? Wow!

I bought a book of NY Times puzzles, Mon-Fri, and those Friday ones are TOUGH!!

I bow to you, oh brilliant one! LOL! :-)

Susie said...

I love your new look here!!!! Great job M!! Always good to learn more about you! xoxox

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome joke and thanks for the link...interesting reading!

Anonymous said...

you carry your passport with you? I'm always afraid I'll misplace mine and not be able to find it when I need it!

I like the little meme....we get to know a bit more about people! Which reminds me, how is the writing coming along? And the job business? Those are both topics that I'm dealing with so I'm curious!