Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Drive-By Blogging


Hi everyone! I hope that you all had terrific weeks and weekends. Mine was quite busy and it's another busy day today. It's already 11:14 a.m. and I'm only posting now. As my title suggests, this will be a quickie post. I had to bring my car in today. It's making some very unhappy sounds and I'm afraid of what the verdict will be! Please send your positive vibes my way that it's not going to set back my retirement fund!!!

It's going to be a warm day so right after lunch I'll be going for a swim with my friend and her kids. It's been AGES since I've been at someone's home for a swim, mostly because I'm lazy (I hate getting in and out of bathing suits--I know lazy!) Then, my plan is to finally clean out the garage and get a lot of stuff ready for garbage day. Yes, get all the garbage out just like with my body!

On the HYC, I've had a good week. I'm down another pound bringing me 12.5 away from the goal I set. Exercise has been very good but again, I'm doing far too much on the cardio side of things (lots of running and biking). I really want to get in a minimum of 2 days with weights so that will be my goal for this week. Yesterday I did about 15 minutes worth of arms so that's a good place to start.

I see some of my favourite bloggers have new posts up. I can't get to them right now but I promise I'll be visiting you all later! The pictures are of 2 more lilies that started up. I love the tangerine one!

19 comments:

Big Girl said...

good luck with the car and great job on getting that much closer to your goal

Have fun in the pool!

Felicia said...

You are doing so wonderfully!! I am just terribly proud of you!!

Have a WONDERFUL day!
*huggles*
=0)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on another pound lost.

RunningNan said...

I love going swimming.. Get some swim in for me!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lillies! You're doing great. Good luck with the car & enjoy the swim!

Carole Burant said...

You do have such gorgeous lilies, I'm loving the colours:-) Oh dear, I do hope your car won't need major repairs...I had mine in a couple of weeks ago and it's a good thing the two things that were found that needed to be replaced were parts that were still under warranty! Otherwise...ouch! lol You're putting me to shame with all your exercises, I need to start up again. Wish I could join you in the pool, I love swimming:-) xoxo

Nicole said...

Oh, I HATE car problems. I'm sending much positive energy your way!

Irish Mom said...

Your lilies are pretty!!
Sounds like you are doing amazing, great job!!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Wow! Congrats on another pound gone! You're doing so well!

Thanks for the lily pics--they're gorgeous!

Grace Acres said...

hey send any extra good vibes our way. My hubby's beater car for work is down and we may need to get another vehicle soon.
Great job on another pound, at this rate you will be at your goal by fall.

Heather said...

congrats on another great week!

Susie said...

You flowers are GORGEOUS. I am so impressed..I am also impressed with the 22 lb loss you have had and your exercising!Keep it up girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

It's so neat to see you getting so close to goal! Too much cardio... oh, yeah, me, too... (NOT!) Your lilies are just luscious! Mine are just starting now.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm feeling much better today, thanks. I would LOVE to get your blueberry muffin recipe. Oats, buttermilk and blueberries... mmmm.

Lora said...

I hate putting a swimsuit on too - for obvious reasons!

Pattie said...

I saw your comment on Scale Junkie, that you're in a size 8 black bathing suit?? Whoo woo!! You are kicking it right now, woman! I'm proud of you.

The lilies are gorgeous - just like the person who tends them. :-)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on the loss and great progress! You are doing an awesome job. Have fun swimming!
Path to Health

Rebeca said...

Your flowers are so beautiful!!

And you're so close to your goal... I'm so super proud of you!!!!

ptg said...

Great job on the continued weight loss, you'll hit goal before you know it!

And the lillies are GORGEOUS. Sometimes I wish I could grow something - anything - just to see the beauty in it!

Brightcetera said...

Did the car thing work out ok?
Hope it wasn't a drain on the funds.
Gees, you're so close to your goal...way to go, Manuela.
The swim must've been refreshing,eh?
A size 8? Wow, must be nice!
Thanks for the cheerleading! I'm feeling like I'm actually going to do it this time.