Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June Goals


Well, back to business. I must confess that when it came to my blog posts last week, much of it was consumed with setting up my party. I took forever playing around with various slide programs and trying to set up music to play at the same time.

The party was a success and I'm excited that so many of you showed up so I'm sending you a thank you once again.

I've joined the exercise challenge for June yet again. I'll enjoy this one more than the abs focused one (check out the sidebar). I'm also doing to blog parties which were the easiest to incorporate into what I'm already doing. If you're looking for something fun check out Blogger's Biggest Loser and Why Drive When You Can Walk or Ride. Thanks to Thinking Think and Grumpy Chair for chairing these challenges. I'm already having fun!

So, goals for June are to just keep at what I've been doing because I'm already seeing results! I'm happy to say that last week I lost 4 pounds finally getting me to 15 pounds gone and then some. I realized that I haven't been doing all the things I needed to and had to start practising what I preach! I know that I'm rather competitive and seeing the results of some of you out there really got me to thinking "Why not me?" Uh, 'cause you're not doing what you ought to be!

I'm already doing well with things like water (it's pretty much all I ever drink), eating (really loading up on fruits and veggies--ooh, I'm seeing cherries in the stores!). My focus always blurs a bit when it comes to exercise so I will:

1. Commit to going to the gym twice a week, by bike, to do weights and swim.
2. Continue with my home workouts using various pilates dvd's.
3. Do my June challenge faithfully 3x a week.

Well, should be easy right? I hope so because I've got some exciting things happening in the near future and I want to be at my best physically for them.

Good luck with your goals for June and into the future. Have a happy Tuesday!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

16 comments:

Irish Mom said...

Your garden party was so much fun!! Thanks for inviting me.

Congrats on the loss, woohoo!!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Bling! Bling! Congratulations on the new shiny!

Excellent goals for June, too!

Pattie said...

Sounds like a good set of goals: achievable and very rewarding!

PS: YES - you should check into your local Master Gardener program. You're a natural! Do a Google search for Master Gardener and your county name. Let me know if you go for it. It's fun and you meet the nicest people, who all like to play in the dirt! :-)

MargieAnne said...

Congratulations. I like your garden theme too.

Tori Leslie said...

Great goals for june, totally obtainable!!

Oh yea and congrats of the great loss!! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your June goals.

I know sometimes we set ourselves goals thinking "that should be easy, right?" and then life comes along to interfere.

Best wishes on winning the battle with life's little interfering obstacles and your competitive edge to be the Biggest Loser Blogger!

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo! Look at that 15lb Bling! Congrats!

Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations on that 15 pound badge. Great goals for June.

Nicole said...

Good luck with your June goals. I have no doubt you'll be able to do them!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being BBL's Biggest Loser!

kikimonster said...

You rock! Congrats on hitting the 15 lbs mark :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on earning your 15 pound button!

I think I know how I can send you a piece of my peach iris. I'll ask about it on my blog in case anyone knows exactly how to do it.

Heather said...

congrats on your loss and earning that badge! I know june will be a great month for you.

Anonymous said...

ooh, sounds as if your party was loads of fun. Yay!

congrats on the new bling bling.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Great job, darlin'! You are amazing. Congrats on the new bling!
Path to Health

Hepburn Hilton said...

Hello, I stumbled across you blog and I have to say you photos are amazing. And all the strawberries look delicious!