Monday, June 23, 2008

Bling Bling Bling!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI got to celebrate my 20 lb. loss with a spectacular fireworks display along the riverfront. As I mentioned in a previous post, Windsor and Detroit celebrate our freedom together with an amazing fireworks show on the Detroit River. It started out with our flags being flown by helicopter and was really moving! We are so lucky in North America and should never forget that there are so many people in the world that fight for survival every day.

Well, each week gets me closer to my goal. 15 more and I'm where I want and need to be! Whoopee! I hope that everyone else had a great week too. My eating has been pretty good although with my sister visiting this weekend there have been a few treats on the menu that aren't usually there! My exercise has gone well and I've been running 3 mornings in a row now. Each day I go a little bit farther and faster. This morning I ran 45 minutes straight. We'll see how it goes because the end of the week will bring us back to those hot, muggy temps once again!

I hope that everyone had a terrific weekend and I look forward to reading those posts later on Tuesday!

24 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Congratulations Lady! I am doing my happy dance for you!

Irish Mom said...

WOOHOO~~~ you rock!! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing awesome!! Keep it up, you are in the top 3 overall for the challenge :)

WWSuzi said...

Way to go!! That's a great accomplishment ;) You rock girl

Rebeca said...

omigosh!

congrats!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray! Girl that Bling looks fantastic! You wear it well!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oooh, shiny, sparkly, pretty, well-deserved. Way to go, Manuela!

Big Girl said...

Congratulations!!! I love it! I'm also super impressed by you running 45 minutes straight. Awesome!

Lynn said...

woot woot woot!

RunningNan said...

I'm glad that you are running!!!!

Anonymous said...

20 pounds! That is some major bling! Congratulations!!!

I dug up some of the peach irises and am drying the rhizomes now. They'll be ready to go in a day or two. Can you send me your mailing address, please? You can send it to kadjelily[at]yahoo[dot]ca.

Girl with a Problem said...

Congrats on the new bling! You are doing a fantastic job!

Lora said...

The clematis doesn't have blooms yet...but they're starting. Problem with where we put it - the deer are nibbling at it.

I transplanted some of the same plant down at our cottage 2 summers ago. The first summer it didn't do a whole lot - but last summer was spectacular! I thought it would just grow up the wall of the deck but it ended up winding itself around a little fountain on the deck - almosy as if we'd planned it!. I'll send a pic via email.

Lora said...

oops - you don't have an e-mail listed. If you write me I'll send the pic!

Susie said...

WOW-WOW-WOW-I am so very proud and happy for you (and envious..in a good way). You have been doing the right things and it's paying off!!! Enjoy the fireworks and time with your sister!! I want to catch up to you!!
3 cheers for you!

Hooray!Hooray!Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Manuela on losing 20 lbs!

Anonymous said...

wooo hooo! congrats!

Heather said...

hooray! so happy for you, and I know you will reach your goal in no time!

Hanlie said...

Well done on reaching your 20lb mark! Fireworks seem apt, don't they?

Nicole said...

Congratulations!! And WHAT a way to celebrate! :o)

Margie said...

Congratulations!

ptg said...

What a great accomplishment - congrats & keep up the hard work!!

Brightcetera said...

Congratulations, Manuela!!!
You're amazing. Look at how far you've come in such a short time!

Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations!!!