Friday, May 30, 2008

How Was May?


Visual Poetry - ImageChef.com

I hope that everybody had a good month. We've had terrific weather for the most part and I'm glad to say that my planting is finished as of yesterday (just one more container to fill). My house is tidy, my yard looks great NOW I need to focus on the goal of losing these pesky 20 pounds.

Many of you remember that there was a challenge to lose 10 pounds in April. Well, I lost 6 and was hoping for a better result this month. Looks like the total is only 3 for May. SIGH. I did, however, lose 2.5 inches so that's a good thing! I must admit to having had a few days that could have been better. I let myself overindulge the one week that I was missing most of my workouts because of my leg. I don't hate myself for it like I might have in the past. I just know that as I get older, those moments hang around longer than they used to.

My Exercise Challenge could have been better. It was an abs focused one and I have to admit to being bored doing just those few workouts. For the most part, I incorporated ab "workouts" when I did my planting! But seriously, I did a few routines and then whatever ab work was in other workouts (ie. gliding, pilates, biking, running). I've signed up for a June Challenge which will focus on arms and legs. I've already checked out some of the exercises that Swizzlepop has posted and I'm looking forward to these.

So, I'm close to my goal of 15 pounds lost and hope to post that badge this coming Tuesday. I'll challenge myself to losing more than 3 and to continually growing stronger. I'll continue running but I think I want to focus more on strength training and stretching.

I hope that everybody had a successful month and wish you all the best for the month of June.

10 comments:

Erin said...

So where are the pictures???? I'm excited to see the completed yard!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

You'll have that 15 lb badge in no time!

LOL I am also gardening these days. I wish my yard looked great though. I'm doing it piecemeal and it's coming so SLOW...

So I'm with erin... where are the pictures?

Anonymous said...

You will get there, one day at a time... You have accomplished great things already, keep at it, you can do it!

Heather said...

I wouldnt worry too much about the pounds, it sounds like you have done so well this month, what with the inches lost and the exercise. you should be proud!

MB said...

You should be proud the pounds are coming off and the slower they come off the more likely they are to stay off permanently.

Good luck on the June challenge. You'll be sure to get that badge of honor soon.

I'd love to see the pictures of the planting. I got my sunflowers planted last weekend - I can't wait to see them bloom.

Hanlie said...

You're doing great! Well done! I'm sure you'll have a fabulous June!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You've accomplished so much that's not represented by the scale (although even that's not too shabby at all!) I'm so happy for you!

RunningNan said...

My goal is to get off this plateau! it won't budge! I know you can do it!

Grace Acres said...

Great job, celebrate your success because it could have been a 3lb or 2.5inch gain.

Anonymous said...

ROCK on! You're doing a fabulous job.

Thanks for the delish garden pary food too. Virtual food....yum! All the visual delight but none of the calories. Think I'll go weigh in now.

Excellent work on your weight/inches loss during May.