Saturday, May 31, 2008

"American Girl"

I'm going to a concert tonight! My baby brother volunteers at the University of Windsor radio station and got free tickets to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with Steve Winwood. Most of the concerts I go to lately are at smaller venues--this is an arena. WHAT? Rock on!

(lately I've been enjoying Tom Petty as LuAnn's love Lucky on "King of the Hill" ha ha!)

*The concert was terrific! Steve Winwood was great but Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ruled the night. It was a great show and I'm so glad we went. What a great start to summer!

JUST FOUND OUT THAT NICK CAVE AND THE BAD SEEDS WILL BE IN TORONTO THIS OCTOBER!!!!!

6 comments:

kikimonster said...

I was out with a friend last night, and someone kept playing Tom Petty on the jukebox. I'm so jealous. Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have an excellent time at the concert. I've just been watching Neil Diamond on a UK TV special, although he is doing concerts over here this summer as well (I don't have tickets so will have to do with the TV!).

Best wishes for your weekend,
Sharon

MB said...

I love concerts! My sister-in-law won tickets to see Tom Petty when he comes to Boston. I'm so jealous.

I'm so excited to see Eric Clapton this Wednesday night. Slowhand never disappoints.

Nicole said...

Lovely! I'm glad you had a great time. Sounds like FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love Tom Petty!

Congrats on the loss this past week...yay!

Susie said...

Doing great, M!! Good luck to you in June..I think it will be another great month for you.